C# Backend Engineer - 3 Days On Site
- Guiding fellow engineers on proper development practices, patterns, and techniques for enterprise technologies
- Lead Project Scoping Conversations to validate customer solutions and articulate the business impact of the solution
- Leveraging new and emerging technologies to fulfill project requirements and business objectives
- Ability to lead Project Discovery and Design Sessions
- Assisting in pre-sales work by detailing requirements needed to successful
- Consulting clients in the strategic direction of business solutions
- Advising on building technical roadmaps, defining modern enterprise architecture and guiding teams to deliver it successfully
- Participate in feasibility discussions and work with internal teams to establish a budget proposal, resource plan and a high-level timeline.
- Work on high-level design, which will consist of vetting what we have for requirements documentation, but consider implicit requirements that are important to engineering.
- Document requirements very carefully
- Review design draft with key stakeholders and work with design team to make adjustments if needed
- Make reasonable build/buy/reuse decisions.
- Work with tech leads for brief reviews, review technical artifacts from various team members, create technical specs where necessary and do a lot of troubleshooting on the project.
- Coordinate long term support, systems integration, and hand-off to development.
- Reporting into our CTO
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
The Successful Applicant
- Lives in or can commute to Chicago 3x/week
- Proficiency in back-end technologies and frameworks
- More than 4 years of verifiable, professional experience
- Hands-on experience delivering cloud-based applications (preferably on AWS or Azure)
- Experience in implementing highly secure and scalable architecture preferred
- Experience in a high degree of cross functional collaboration with Sales, Engineering and Customers.
- A complete and total mastery of how enterprise companies work and how to address their needs.
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills
- Ability to operate in dynamic, fast-paced environment
What's on Offer
- Base salary starting from $125k
- Offer Medical, Life, Dental/Vision, and many more insurance types!
- Employer 401k match - 4%
- 20 days of PTO
- An office in the heart of downtown Chicago with a gym, food court, Walgreens, rooftop bar, outdoor sports court, and other amenities.
- Hybrid envioronment and flexible working
- Become part of a fun, diverse group of professionals that know how to have a good time on and off the job. They regularly host happy hours, dinners, excursions, and other company events to unwind after a hard day at work.
- Office snacks and drinks + a fancy Bevi water machine with flavored water