Azure Cloud Administrator- Certified
The Microsoft Cloud Administrator helps align our corporate strategies into tactical Microsoft solutions such as Microsoft Azure and Office 365 that best meets our business needs. This role implements, monitors, and maintains Microsoft Azure solutions, including major services related to compute, storage, network, and security.
This role defines what is needed to be done to implement Microsoft cloud solutions, using written and verbal communication skills to scope, assemble, and propose solutions. This is a hands-on role that can manage, facilitate, and coordinate execution of proposed solutions into fruition.
This role also ensures that the operational activities required to manage and administrate the implemented solutions are documented and executed consistently by the Microsoft Support Team to meet security and audit requirements.
- Working at L2 level on day to day operational issues, requests and project tasks involving various technologies e.g. Azure, Windows server, patching tools, server hardware (blade as well as rack).
- Install, configure, administrate, manage, and support Azure compute instances, Azure Backup, Azure Storage Monitor, snapshot, Azure Storage, VNet, Load Balancers and RBAC.
- Must have a hands-on experience of system administration of Windows server-side infrastructure, virtual machines, and associated technologies on physical servers.
- Configure and troubleshoot Terminal servers (RDS), Windows Clustering, NLB, DFS, Internal PKI, and Hyper-V. PowerShell cmdlet and scripting.
- Understands, documents, and supports the underlying business processes, workflows, data and application platforms that depend on Microsoft services.
- Take ownership of issues, with a sense of urgency, and using sound judgement to resolve within service levels.
- Engage peers in accordance with processes and procedures to create complete solution designs.
- Develop and communicate task level detail for project plans.
- Must be able to effectively coordinate and multi-task across various groups and functional teams inside and outside of the organization.
- Prior experience working at an ISP/Managed Services/IT Services company is preferred, and a background in dealing with global teams and remote teams will be a strong plus
- Minimum Education – 2 Year Technical Degree with 2 years’ experience or a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Information Technology
- 2-4 Years of relevant industry experience
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE or similar)
- Azure Administrator Associate (AZ103)
Knowledge and understanding of core Microsoft technologies and services including;
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
- Single Sign On (SSO)
- Azure AD
- Azure back-up and restore
- Azure snapshot, VNet and RBAC
- Azure Site Recovery
- Deploy and manage virtual machines (VMs)
- VMware vSphere
- Deploying VMs into virtual networks
- Configuring VM for optimum cost, performance, and security
- Backing up VMs and potentially providing failover recovery
- Securing data against unauthorized access
- Backing up data and making it efficient to restore when needed
- Configuring long-term archival storage to maintain corporate compliance
- Broad knowledge and understanding of Microsoft technologies and services;
- Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS)/In-tune
- Microsoft Teams
- Encrypting data in transit, at rest, and in use
- Protecting Azure Active Directory accounts against compromise
- Reducing the attack surface of all Azure resources
- Knowledge and experience with IT Controls such as;
- Professional Expertise Analysis
- Analyze multidimensional problems
- Build Trust
- Meet commitments, promises, and deadlines
- Personal Drive
- Meet the expectations set by management