Embedded Linux Engineer
Corvid Technologies is seeking a highly talented Embedded Linux Engineer to join our Guidance, Navigation Controls (GNC) team. The Embedded Linux Engineer's responsibility is to develop firmware for embedded Linux platforms, specifically for flight control applications. The daily tasks include customizing the bootloader and kernel for various processor architectures, developing interfaces between control and sensor functions to the hardware I/O, developing kernel drivers to support custom hardware, implementing operational and management applications, configuring filesystem, and customizing development environments. Requirements and valued experiences for the position are as follows.
- BS/MS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of previous development experience on Linux.
- Strong experience with embedded Linux at the detailed operating system level.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills. Be able to create code that is clear, efficient, maintainable, and well documented. C++ OOP embedded development experience is a great plus.
- Experience in multi-threaded and/or embedded systems programming.
- Proficiency with open source cross-compiler tools and Linux kernel development.
- Experience with GDB debugging tool.
- Ability to perform source code maturation by performing triage on reported Gitlab issues, applying bug fixes and verify results.
- Ability to work in a team environment and effectively communicate ideas/issues/solutions.
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain DoD Security clearance.
- Experience with communication protocols (TCP, UART, SPI, I2C).
- Experience with Linux PREEMPT_RT OS implementation and programming user space threaded applications.
- Understanding of electrical fundamentals and electronic instrumentation.
- Experience with Yocto or other embedded Linux build frameworks.
Founded in 2004, we are a group of over 300 engineers and scientists, about 3/4 with master’ degrees or Ph.D.'s, that provide end-to-end solutions including concept development, design and optimization, prototype build, test and manufacture. We leverage the predictive capability of our high-fidelity computational physics solvers, indigenous massively parallel supercomputer system, prototyping plant, and ballistics and mechanics lab to investigate a variety of high-rate physics phenomena.
The results are complex engineering solutions for a variety of applications; aircraft, ballistic missile defense, cybersecurity, motorsports, armor development, biological systems, and missile and warhead design and development. These results are achieved with optimal design and cost efficiency due to the predictive capability of Corvid’s tools and our in-house, end-to-end integrated approach, which differentiates Corvid from the market.
We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Paid gym membership
- Flexible schedules
- Blue Cross Blue Shield insurance including Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401k match up to 6%
- Three weeks starting PTO; increasing with tenure
- Continued education and training opportunities
- Uncapped incentive opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
- Secret (Preferred)
Work Location: In person