Senior.NET Web Developer - Temporary with potential to permanent
DIAMOND COMIC DISTRIBUTORS, INC.
Founded in 1982, Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc. resides at the Nexus of Comics and Pop-Culture with a multi-channel platform of publishing, marketing and fulfillment services, coupled with an unparalleled global distribution network for its retailers, publishers and vendors.
What started as one man’s hobby, with only a single warehouse and 17 retail customers, has evolved into the Diamond of today: the world’s largest distributor of English-language comics, graphic novels and pop-culture related merchandise.
LOCATION: Home Office - Hunt Valley, Maryland
POSITION: Senior.Net Web Developer - Temporary with potential to permanent
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
The Senior.Net Web Developer is responsible for designing, coding, and supporting modern web-based applications.
- Participate in software development projects in all roles, including as lead programmer, tester, and peer reviewer.
- Maintain and troubleshoot existing websites and applications;
- Develop user and system requirements, designs, test plans, and user manuals as required for new websites and applications;
- Collaborate with teams to develop, test, and deploy applications and systems;
- Assist with maintaining IIS, SQL Server, and Azure DevOps;
- Participate in improving and implementing software design processes;
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Ability to communicate with end-users and stakeholders to refine requirements and system development lifecycle components (SDLC)
- Minimum 8 years programming experience with ASP.NET MVC, C#, Entity Framework (4.5 and above), LINQ, and Visual Studio (2019 and above preferred)
- Experience with .NET Core and EF Core preferred
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience with code versioning tools (Azure DevOps)
- Experience with Web Services (REST)
- Experience with Relational Databases (SQL Server), stored procedures, and functions
- Experience with code optimization (both front-end and back-end) a plus
- Experience with React and Vue a plus
- Must have a high motivation to learn and succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering and certifications a plus
- Ability to work independently and multitask between different projects
- Documenting system and requirements changes
Qualified candidates must be able to work onsite in Hunt Valley, Maryland as required.
Job Type: Temporary
Pay: From $90,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Cockeysville, MD 21030