This is a hands-on tech support position that may require on-site client visits in the Boston area but can also be done remotely. We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Network Administrator. As a Network Administrator, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient operation and maintenance of our client’s network infrastructures, with a particular focus on Microsoft technologies. Your expertise in managing Microsoft products will play a crucial role in supporting our client’s communication, collaboration, and data management systems.
1. Manage and maintain our client’s network infrastructure, ensuring stability, security, and scalability, with a strong emphasis on products such as Windows Server, Active Directory, Azure, VMWare and Microsoft 365.
2. Install, configure, and troubleshoot Microsoft servers, operating systems, and software applications to ensure optimal performance and availability.
3. Monitor network performance and proactively identify and resolve issues related to network connectivity, user access, and backups.
4. Implement and maintain security measures, such as firewalls, antivirus software, and access controls, to protect our client’s networks from unauthorized access and potential threats.
5. Collaborate with other IT teams and departments to provide technical support, resolve network-related issues, and ensure smooth operation of the network infrastructure.
6. Conduct regular backups and recovery procedures to safeguard critical data and ensure business continuity in the event of system failures or disasters.
7. Stay updated with the latest developments and advancements in Microsoft technologies and assess their potential impact on our client’s network infrastructure and operations.
8. Assist in planning and executing network upgrades, migrations, and expansions, ensuring minimal disruption to ongoing operations.
9. Document network configurations, procedures, and troubleshooting guides to facilitate knowledge sharing and provide comprehensive technical documentation.
10. Provide training and guidance to end-users on the effective use of Microsoft products and tools, promoting best practices and ensuring a high level of user proficiency.
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent work experience).
2. Proven experience as a Network Administrator, with a focus on managing Microsoft products and technologies.
3. In-depth knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems (e.g., Windows Server 2019/2022), Active Directory, Azure, M365.
4. Strong understanding of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, and VLANs.
5. Experience in network security practices and implementing security measures in Microsoft environments.
6. Proficiency in PowerShell scripting for automation and administration tasks is highly desirable.
7. Familiarity with virtualization technologies (e.g., ESXi, Hyper-V) and cloud platforms (e.g., Azure) is a plus.
8. Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to analyze complex network issues and identify effective solutions.
9. Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with team members and provide technical support to end-users.
10. Industry certifications, such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), are advantageous.
Note: This job description serves as a general guideline and may be subject to change based on organizational needs and evolving technology trends.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Boston, MA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Willingness to travel:
- 50% (Preferred)
Work Location: In person