IT Help Desk Analyst
Excelerate Energy is changing the way the world accesses clean, affordable, and reliable energy. We are focused on providing flexible LNG solutions to emerging markets across the globe and delivering a lesser emitting form of energy to markets that often rely on coal as their primary energy source.
We strive to achieve sustainable results by delivering what we promise and by investing in our people, assets, and technology while promoting a culture of safety, quality, and environmental stewardship.
We believe our human capital is our most valuable asset. We hire exceptional people who thrive in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We are committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of safety, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Together, we can create a better future by delivering clean energy to the global communities that need it most.
This position reports to the corporate Information Technology Department, the role is to support and maintain the organization’s computer systems, desktops, and peripherals by resolving helpdesk tickets and maintaining inventory. While stationed in the Singapore Office, the incumbent will be assigned to serve Excelerate’s multiple offices and locations across the region remotely and must have the ability to work efficiently and effectively while providing excellent customer service to end users.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include but are not limited to the following activities. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions:
- Serve as the first point of contact for personnel seeking technical assistance via phone, e-mail, and remote support across various regions and time zones.
- Assist end users with company-issued mobile devices.
- Escalates unresolved issues to next-level support via ticketing application.
- Maintains PC preventive maintenance efforts to ensure optimal performance.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware.
- Configure and deploy new computers and mobile phones based on corporate standards in assigned support locations.
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Data cabling.
- Assist personnel with Audio/Visual issues such as screen sharing and video conferencing.
- Tests new software applications being deployed by the Information Technology department.
- Assists users in learning new company-provided applications and assists in problem-solving for application issues.
- Maintains records, logs, and reports of assistance via the ticketing system.
- Maintain supported locations inventory via the ticketing system.
- Participate in on-roll rotation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
WORK AUTHORIZATION: Candidates must be authorized to work in assigned location.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EEO STATEMENT:
It is the policy of Excelerate Energy to provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Requirements:
- Minimum Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Has 3+ years of work experience in a similar support role.
- Basic understanding of server operating systems and computer security.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Applications (Windows 10/11, MS Office 365, Active Directory, Azure), Intune, Antivirus, Cisco VPN, UPS, firewall, and some networking knowledge, (Certifications will be considered a plus).
- Familiarity with fundamental principles of ITIL a plus.
- Knowledge of maritime-specific applications will be an advantage.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Ability to install, configure, and maintain personal computers, and related hardware and software.
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.