IT Support Specialist
IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST
The Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) has an opening for an IT Support Specialist to begin immediately. The ATU is the largest union representing transit workers in the United States and Canada. The IT Support Specialist will fulfill day-to-day technical support requests on-site for ATU headquarters staff, monitor and maintain end-user workstations, printers, copiers, wired and wireless networks.
Individuals with strong technical abilities, problem-solving skills and a background in customer service will stand out. A bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a closely related field is preferred, or 3 – 5 years of proven experience in a heavy customer focus position. A+ certification preferred.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Windows/MAC OS deployment and support
- Act as point of contact for all hardware/network related concerns from Staff/Officers
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair user hardware (Windows/MAC desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, other peripheral devices)
- Provide network support and maintenance (On-site and Remote)
- Resolve technical issues related to network interruptions
- Active Directory Services and User Access Management
- Participate in compliance and security reviews as necessary
- Software installation and support
- Virtualization management
- Provide necessary support for I.T. projects
- Extensive Experience supporting Microsoft Windows 10 and MacOS 10.13 and above for medium sized organizations
- Understanding of networking concepts such as DNS, DHCP, Email, HTTP, SSL, OSI Model, and TCP/IP protocols and applications
- Understanding of Active Directory, Azure Cloud Computing, Intune, and Firewalls
- Experience with Hyper-V/VMWare virtualization environments
- Experience using help desk applications like Jira, Zendesk or ServiceNow
- Ability to work successfully with limited supervision
- Time-management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage several milestones
- Professional written and interpersonal skills
- May require lifting or carrying devices/equipment up to 25 lbs.
- Some on-call responsibilities are required
The Specialist will work out of the ATU’s headquarters office at 10000 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, Maryland.
Salary will range from $68,500 to $75,000 depending on experience. ATU provides medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no employee premiums; a defined-benefit pension plan with no employee contributions; a 401(k) savings plan; and paid vacation and sick leave.
- Two references
Please send applications to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at the Amalgamated Transit Union, 10000 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20903. No telephone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $68,500.00 - $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Silver Spring, MD 20903: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Customer service: 3 years (Required)
- IT support: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: In person