Data Engineer III
For over 25 years, Farm Credit Financial Partners, Inc. (FPI) has provided technology products and services to the Farm Credit System. We care deeply about the agricultural credit associations (ACAs) we serve through our mission of delivering trusted technology solutions to help American agriculture thrive. As a customer-owned service organization, we support ACAs from Maine to California with over 62,000 customer-members and over $40 billion in loan volume . Everyone here contributes to the success of our customers, and to the vibrant culture that makes FPI a great place to work. Throughout the year, you will find us having fun and jamming out to FPI’s band, coming together to support local charities, and celebrating our wins together.
We offer a robust benefits package that includes competitive earnings, hybrid and remote work options, tuition reimbursement, generous 401(k) matching, and development opportunities through company-sponsored trainings and certifications.
Come grow with us: financialpartners.com .
Farm Credit Financial Partners, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex or gender, religion, pregnancy, marital status, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO / AA / Minorities / Female / Disabilities / Veterans
JOB SUMMARY: The Data Engineer III is responsible for transforming data that can be easily analyzed. The position will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline for our Association partners. The Data Engineer III primarily works with project teams on developing new data platforms to support strategic initiatives in alignment with business and/or enterprise strategies.
- Work with architects, modelers, and other data engineers to implement design and assemble large, complex data sets that meet end user business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Participate in technical design and code reviews to ensure quality and best practices are maintained.
- Perform as technical lead on smaller projects and be a collaborative member on larger projects.
- Contribute to the effective data governance of the organization’s business data. This includes data quality, data management, data policies, business process management, and risk management surrounding the handling of organizational data.
- Coach and mentor junior engineers
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders regarding project status and delivery time frames
- Fosters innovative team culture and process improvement during development phase
OTHER DUTIES : This job description is not designed to cover or contain a full listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or MIS, and 5+ years’ experience in data modeling and cloud technologies. Strong working experience with the Azure technology stack including:
- Data Factory
- Power BI (Business Intelligence)
- Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Strong organization, analytical, and communication skills
- Proficiency in the following technologies: R, Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong customer service focus (data consumers as customers)
- Familiar with software development best practices
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Typical noise levels for an open, cubicle-styled environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS : This position requires periods of standing, walking, and the use of computer equipment. Additional physical demands include, but may not be limited to, talking or hearing, push/pull, stooping, kneeling, reaching w/hands and arms, and lifting at least 10 pounds.
WORK AUTHORIZATION: Authorization to work in the United States is required.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION : Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.