Microsoft Architect and Database Administrator
We are looking for an energetic and positive IT professional to join our team as a Microsoft Architect and Database Administrator. This role will drive the design, development, maintenance, and administration of ERWSD’s Microsoft 365 environment using both programming and project management skillsets.
The ideal candidate is an experienced IT professional with an architect’s mindset and a high level of attention to detail. This role is not a good fit for a lone wolf who prefers to work alone but is perfect for a team player with strong communication and collaboration skills.
Why work for us?
If you are a M365 wiz looking for a progressive but stable organization that has a direct environmental impact, then we could be the employer for you. We hear from our employees consistently that the people at ERWSD are the best part of working here. So, if you want to use your significant skills to work with great people, in an organization that supports growth, and do meaningful work, then you should definitely apply for this job!
The Day to Day:
- Support and Collaboration: Responsible for M365 support and guidance for the District (over 140 users at 6 locations).
- M365 Solutions and Troubleshooting: Serves as the M365 administrator and developer. Assists with existing data, metadata, and off-site migration planning. Participates in M365 development meetings for planning and review. Develops M365 hosted solutions. Maintains licensing and support contracts with the assistance of the IT Manager. Responsible for user creation and removal as well as Active Directory Security group support and maintenance. Responsible for management of M365 retention policies. Responsible for the establishment and implementation of all metadata guidelines. Responsible for routine maintenance and upkeep of established metadata requirements.
- Data Analytics: Works closely with all departments to create and publish Power BI dashboards, reports, and Power Apps which allow for enhanced data analytics. Trains staff members for other departments on Power BI empowering select power users to develop their own reporting and analytics. Collects data and performs analysis as needed.
- Database Administration: As a DBA you will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical DB systems including all SQL servers. With over 50 databases this position is responsible for ensuring high levels of performance, availability, sustainability and security in addition to troubleshooting database issues and performing scheduled maintenance.
- Power Platform: Familiarity with all aspects of Power Platform and rigorous knowledge of implementing business process management via this toolset. Deep experience with Power Automate processes including 3rd party plugins.
- OpenAI: Excitement and experience using the expanding field of AI tools in the Microsoft ecosystem.
- Project Management and Implementation: Drives the design, development, maintenance, and administration of ERWSD’s M365 environment using both programming and project management skillsets. Installs and supports all document imaging equipment and related software. Provides support and implementation of all updates related to document imaging software and hardware. Provide training and understanding on the use of all document imaging equipment and software in correlation to SharePoint and KnowledgeLake. Adherence to established rules of retention for document management. Implement guidelines as set forth by Records Management for data retention. Develops troubleshooting and installation procedures. Collects data and performs analysis as needed.
- Team Dynamics: Comes up with creative ideas to bring to the team. Maintains a positive attitude and works cooperatively with IT team and District employees, vendors and contractors. Maintains good public relations. This role provides mentoring and leadership to other members of the IT staff in relation to M365 and its related 3rd party applications. In addition, this individual will be the primary escalation point for other team members for all issues relating to M365 and any 3rd party products which correlate to it. Performs other duties as assigned to support the IT team and district
- Organizational Support: Maintain strong relationships with all departments as the main systems M365 and DBA support source for the entire organization. Able to leverage experience architecting solutions to do deep dives into understanding the problem space.
- Continuous Learning: Keep current with new technologies and industry standards. Attend training and conferences to support ongoing initiatives and bring value to the District.
- Values: Align with District Values in all aspects of work. A motivated and driven self-starter.
This role can be entirely remote but should be able to come to our Eagle County, CO office locations occasionally for team connection events, training and development, and meetings.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's license within 30 days of full-time employment and be insurable under District's standards.
- Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Experience: Three (3) years related experience and/or training including related experience developing M365 solutions, Power Platform, working with SQL databases, PowerShell, VS Code and designing MS SQL database architecture. Some experience working with Azure environments is desirable. Drupal experience preferred.
The pay range for this salaried position is $99,598.93 - $149,387.89. Starting pay depends on qualifications. Annual merit increases and cost-of-living adjustments are a routine aspect of the District’s pay structure.
All applicants must apply online at https://jobs.erwsd.org/jobs by November 17th. All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check. If you would like a full position description, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
At ERWSD, we value life-work balance and are leaders in the industry with our holistic benefits package, which includes but is not limited to:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Employee housing or $442 monthly housing stipend
- Wellness program
- $650 Annual Recreation Benefit
- Retirement savings plans (414h and 457)
- 13.5 Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Comp Time
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Loan programs for: Ski Passes, Electrical Vehicles, and Computers
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.