As a leading mountain resort operator with over 40 resorts in sixteen states and four countries. We exist to create an Experience of a Lifetime for our employees, so they can, in turn, provide and Experience of a Lifetime for our guests. We are looking for leaders, innovators, creators, and ambitious professionals to join our talented team. If you’re ready to pursue your fullest potential, we want to get to know you!
Many of our Corporate function teams can now live and work in any of the states in which Vail Resorts currently operates* – enabling flexible remote work alongside a commitment to building and maintaining strong culture both in person and virtually. If you’re ready to pursue your fullest potential, we want to get to know you. Find your purpose with us at www.vailresortscareers.com.
As a “Windows shop” are looking for a resource that has experience in Azure Cloud, Security, Backups, VmWare Virtualization, Citrix, Windows Administration, Process Implementation, L2/L3 Support, and Azure Virtual Desktops to join the Enterprise Platform Services team within the Core Infrastructure organization at Vail Resorts. This resource will work with peers internal and external, business partners and other teams within Vail Resorts. Responsibilities include supporting the Vail Resorts Infrastructure ecosystem, new processes implementation, leveraging best practices, and providing customer and project support while building strong relationships with the Infrastructure business partners ensuring we provide the “experience of a lifetime” to every customer.
- Expected Pay Range: $59,100 - $79,530
- Shift Schedule Availability: On Call
- Experience troubleshooting, implementations, policies, best practices, project and customer support and process implementation within: Azure, Azure Virtual Desktop, Backups, Security, VMware virtualization, Windows Administration
- Process implementation and Documentation using industry standard tools
- Terraform implementation and management experience
- Citrix and Wyse Terminal experience
- Knowledge and understanding of PCI/SOX/PPI/etc.
- Drive the resolution of daily operational issues project issues, evaluating and finding root cause to prevent future recurrence.
- Provide technical expertise and oversight guidance for day-to-day business as usual (BAU) activities
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve and implement standards while developing documentation within the Vail Resorts ecosystem while socializing and partnering with other teams and stakeholders.
- Ensure all changes in configuration, hardware and software follow appropriate change control process, adhering to all appropriate controls.
- Support on-call for EPS as needed
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field. Work experience and/or certifications may substitute for a degree.
- 5-7 years of experience supporting an infrastructure setting
- Experience with SOX, PCI, HIPAA, or similar compliance requirement
- 3 years’ experience working on projects in a waterfall/Agile/etc. framework
- Demonstrated continuous learner
- 5-7 years’ Experience working in a production support role
- Excellent communication skills
- Relevant certifications are desirable (Azure, Microsoft, etc )
- Technical Expertise/Lead would be nice
- Must be able to use Microsoft Suite, collaboration tools with no issue
- Must be able to speak English, other languages are a bonus
- The successful candidate will have a superior, service-oriented approach to infrastructure operations and solid technical infrastructure experience.
The expected Total Compensation for this role is $59,100 - $79,530. Individual compensation decisions are based on a variety of factors.
The perks include a free ski pass, and a set of benefits including...
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan
- Hourly employees are generally eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Time. Salaried employees are generally eligible for Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible mothers and fathers
- Healthcare Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, ADD, and disability insurance
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. At Vail Resorts, our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Remote work is currently permitted from British Columbia and the 16 U.S. states in which we currently operate. This includes: California, Colorado, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Hampshire, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah, Vermont, Washington State, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. Please note that the ability to work remotely, and the particulars related to such work, are subject to change at any time; and, accordingly, the Company reserves the right to change its policies and/or require in-person/in-office work at any time in its sole discretion.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 498833
Reference Date: 11/03/2023
Job Code Function: Applications