Linthicum Heights, MD
$146,000 - $234,000 / Year
Junior, Senior level
Responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the infrastructure that supports the storage, processing, and analysis of large and complex data sets. Expertise in database architecture, data modeling, and data warehousing as well as expert proficiency in programming languages and tools such as SQL, Python, and Hadoop. Responsible for designing and building data pipelines that extract data from various sources, transform it into a suitable for analysis, and load it into a data warehouse or other storage system (ETL). Responsible for designing and maintaining databases that store and manage large volumes of data. They must ensure that the databases are secure, scalable, and performant. Responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure that supports the storage, processing, and analysis of large and complex data sets. This may include setting up and configuring servers, storage systems, and networking equipment. Responsible for ensuring the quality and accuracy of the data that is stored, processed, and analyzed. Must be able to develop and implement data validation and cleansing processes to identify and correct errors in the data. Responsible for determining data storage and optimum storage requirements. Writes and tunes SQL queries for performance and scalability. Implements comprehensive backup and database replication solutions. Manipulates data and data flows for existing and new systems performing ETL, analytical support, and maintenance of critical data. Provides support in the areas of data extraction, transformation and load (ETL), data mapping, analytical support, operational support, database support, and maintenance support of data and associated systems. Prepare reports on analyses, findings, and project progress.Qualifications:
- PhD in Information Systems, Engineering, or another related discipline or another related field and 5-7 years of experience; Or
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or another related discipline and 8-10 years of relevant experience; Or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or another related discipline, and 10-12 years of relevant experience.
- Must possess in-depth experience conducting data analysis and parsing.
- Must be familiar with Elasticsearch.
- Must possesses extensive knowledge of relational databases and non-relational data stores.
- Must possess extensive experience in developing complex data flows or making significant enhancements to existing data pipelines.
- Must have experience building and maintaining data flows in NiFi or Pentaho.
- Must have experience with the following languages: C#, Python, Java, and PHP.
- Must possess in-depth knowledge of server operating systems; Windows, Linux, and cloud infrastructure.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to comprehend database methodologies.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing, communications; has strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving, including briefing, and team-building skills.
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate or equivalent.
- Certified Data Management Professional - Data Management (CDP-DM).
- Strong understanding and familiarity with Cloud technologies, resources, and tools
Peraton drives missions of consequence spanning the globe and extending to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. As the world’s leading mission capability integrator and transformative enterprise IT provider, we deliver trusted and highly differentiated national security solutions and technologies that keep people safe and secure. Peraton serves as a valued partner to essential government agencies across the intelligence, space, cyber, defense, civilian, health, and state and local markets. Every day, our employees do the can’t be done, solving the most daunting challenges facing our customers.Target Salary Range: $146,000 - $234,000. This represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors. EEO: An Equal Opportunity Employer including Disability/Veteran.
23 days ago
Last updated 23 days ago