Senior Help Desk/ Senior Systems Engineer
MNS Group is a cybersecurity-focused IT Partner providing small and medium-sized businesses with MSP, MSSP, and Compliance Services. We are seeking an experienced Senior Help Desk/ Senior System Engineer to help support our expanding MSP client base. The Senior Help Desk/ Senior System Engineer will split their time between handling escalations and working on projects. The Senior Help Desk/ Senior System Engineer must be well versed with Windows Server, VMware or Hyper-V, Azure, and M365. A working knowledge of NIST 800-171 and CMMC is desired..
As a Senior Help Desk/ Senior System Engineer, you will have the opportunity to show off your skills as a trusted technical resource, and a polished communicator who has the grit to resolve advanced server, computer, application, network, and security challenges.
This position has a hybrid option, for up to 2 days remote/WFH.
In this Role You Will:
- Provide technical solutions and support to technical requests from client partners in a help desk and on-site environment
- Configure and manage firewalls, switches, W.A.P.s, VPNs, and other network appliances
- Serve as a member of the Project Team by providing hands-on technical support for complex projects
- Travel to local customer sites to provide scheduled network maintenance, address outstanding concerns, and aid with project implementations and consulting when appropriate.
- Configure servers and other critical components in Azure
- Provide Microsoft 365 administration with domain synchronization and migrations from G-suite and Exchange or other providers
- Implement network software and hardware upgrades
- Improve efficiencies by documenting and standardizing support processes while capturing and developing best practices
- Review security reports and metrics
- Mentor junior techs
- Participate in on-call rotation
You Are a Strong Fit If You Have:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field
- 5+ years of Managed Services (MSP)
- 7+ years of IT experience
- Current certifications: Network+ , A+ , Security+, and Microsoft Certs
- Knowledge and hands-on experience providing technical support to users using Microsoft 365 and Google
- Experience with NIST frameworks like 800-171, 800-53, and CSF
- Excellent knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in troubleshooting and support as well as servers, desktops, laptops, printers, peripherals, and network management software – this includes TCP/IP 4 routing /firewall/vlan abilities
- Extensive experience working and understanding working with VMware and/or Hyper-V
- P2V and V2V migrations experience
- Ticketing and RMM experience (ConnectWise, Kaseya, ITGlue, Datto, etc.)
- Considerable skills in the design and implementation of secure networked computer systems and storage, and disaster recovery procedures
- Extensive expertise in Microsoft 365 suite of applications (Intune, SharePoint, Exchange, Defender)
- Working knowledge of various cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.)
- Is positive, well-spoken, outgoing, organized, detailed-oriented, dependable and has excellent time management skills
- Has the drive and commitment to meet professional goals by attaining certifications and advanced training- we will pay for it!
- The MUST have? The knack for technology and a love for it (into gaming? Linux? Breaking things? Any good hacking security stories? Know that Kali is not a state? Arp is not the sound a dog makes when you step on its tail? Shodonis not a Japanese warrior?)
Bonus Points For These :
- CISSP, CCSP, CGRC certs
- Amazon AWS Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator
- Apple Certified System Administrator
- Microsoft Certifications
- ConnectWise Experience
- Kaseya Experience
Employment is contingent upon completing a background check, three professional references, and a drug test. Compensation is based on experience. Skills testing may be required during the interview process. Lifting equipment weighing 25 lbs may be required.
Why Work Here?
Well, for one, we care about you as a professional and a person. You will join a team of driven, compassionate, friendly experts and visionary leaders who enjoy a challenge. Are you driven to do better every day? Same. We have your back by offering:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, with HSA Health Insurance option
- Reimbursement for training and pursuit of advanced certifications.
- Company match on voluntary pretax salary contributions
- 12 paid holidays
- 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 100% paid group life insurance
- 100% company-paid short-term disability
- 100% company-paid long-term disability
- Free-to-you on-campus gym
About MNS Group
MNS Group is a cybersecurity-focused IT Partner providing MSP, MSSP, and Compliance Services. Our security guidance and deep federal experience help government contractors solve critical network security and compliance issues to win contracts and secure our nation.
NOTE: The successful candidate(s) for this position will be US Citizens, subject to a pre-employment background and drug check, a valid driver's license, and reliable transportation
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 7 years
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Belcamp, MD: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you a US Citizen?
- Please list your current certifications:
- Associate (Required)
- Cloud infrastructure: 5 years (Preferred)
- MSP: 5 years (Required)
- Client Services and IT Support: 7 years (Required)
Work Location: In person