Sr Azure Solution Architect
JourneyTEAM is looking for an experienced and motivated Azure Architect to work directly with our Cloud team by helping our clients adopt, migrate to, and mature their Azure services. If you are ready for growth, love technology, and have a passion for helping people and businesses, we would love to hear from you!
JourneyTEAM is a company with a culture of accountability, growth, and integrity. Founded in 1993, JourneyTEAM has grown from a small software development shop into an award-winning business technology consulting firm. We are a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and serve the technology needs of large public and private organizations, including many of the world’s best-known brands. JourneyTEAM provides consulting and implementation services specifically for Microsoft Dynamics 365, Office 365, Microsoft Dynamics Business Central, Power BI, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, Dynamics GP, Microsoft’s Enterprise Mobility and Security Suite, SharePoint, Okta, and more. Our purpose as a company is to help others effectively use technology to create a positive, lasting impact on the world.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical expertise and experience on the Azure platform by delivering Azure solutions to clients
- Keep up to date with various Azure service offerings, and continuously learn and grow in all things Azure
- Educate clients and fellow coworkers on Azure best practices
- Meet with clients to consult on their Azure adoption and migration strategies
- Collaborate with internal teams and coworkers to help provide Azure guidance and solutions
- Help grow our Azure clientele through JourneyTEAM sales cycle
- Prepare and present Azure work estimates to clients
- Must have 10 years of IT experience
- Must be a Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert OR have passed the AZ-305 exam (AZ-304 or AZ-303 also acceptable)
- Must have at least 3 years of experience working primarily with the Azure Platform
- Must love learning and have a passion for deploying workloads into Azure
- Must be quick to learn and apply new technologies
- Know the Azure billing models and the cost analysis and forecasting of Azure resources
- Excellent communication skills with both executives and individual contributors
- Enjoy both teaching and learning
- Experience with all or several of the following Azure services: Azure Subscription planning and strategy, Azure Networking including vNet planning, vWAN, vHub, ExpressRoute implementations, VPN options, network security groups, load balancing, etc. Azure infrastructure components including virtual machines, storage, monitoring, automation, software-defined infrastructure etc.
- Azure security components including Microsoft Defender for Cloud, Azure RBAC roles, Azure secure score, database security, network security, WAF offerings, Azure firewall etc.
- Server infrastructure components including Virtual machines, storage options including HA and DR architecture
- Azure site recovery services
- Azure DevOps
- Azure landing zone and blueprints
You embrace and live the JourneyTEAM Values:
- A Caring Mindset
- Exceptional Performance
- Being OneTeam
- Making Keeping Commitments
- Taking Ownership
- Effective Communication
- A Growth Mindset
Things that will be helpful but aren’t required:
- Have completed any of the following Azure Exams:
- AZ-500, AZ-104, AZ-800, AZ-801
- Have obtained any of the following Azure Certifications: Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate , Microsoft Certified: Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate
- Experience with AWS services and how they compare to Azure
Here at JourneyTEAM, we care about our employee’s growth. Here is what success looks like in your first year:
- Take a role in existing Azure projects
- Assist and support the Marketing team with Azure updates to the website
- Accepted and engaged in Azure Advisors Yammer Community (NOTE, JourneyTEAM has a current presence here)
- Identify Azure “Advanced Specialization” areas of focus and interest to qualify for and obtain
- Cross-team collaboration and awareness of Azure offerings and how other teams at JourneyTEAM can benefit from your offerings
- Identifying current customers and where we can position added value on the Azure platform to them
- Plan developed to obtain identified Advanced Specialization certification(s) from Microsoft using the AMMP program
- Begin being able to take full ownership of current Azure Projects that are currently in progress
- Average Net Promoter Score from customer feedback of at least 75
- Reputation with Microsoft and customers for a trusted and reliable partner to deliver on a wide variety of Azure projects
JourneyTEAM offers a wide range of excellent benefits including healthcare and dental options, as well as a 401k with a 4% employer match with funds that vest immediately. We enjoy unlimited time off and our employees average 3.5 to 4 weeks off a year. We also provide a monthly phone stipend of $25 as well as a gym membership monthly reimbursement of up to $200. We enjoy a culture of collaboration and creative responsibility to solve problems with autonomy.
Local candidates are preferred. JourneyTEAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is not open to H1B's, third-party agencies, or those needing visa sponsorship.