IT Systems Administrator
Amfabsteel Inc. in Bernalillo, New Mexico (serving the Albuquerque / Rio Rancho area) is actively seeking an experienced IT System Administrator with a proven background in IT Security and/or Network administration to join our expanding Information Technology team. We are considering full-time remote work for this role. However, currently, we prefer applicants who already reside in the greater Albuquerque / Rio Rancho / Santa Fe area. Some projects may require occasional and/or regular on-site visits to our main office in Bernalillo, NM.
In this role, you will perform a wide range of system administration duties for a small to medium-sized business with employees of various missions and departments utilizing the company network and server stack locally from our main office, in a hybrid model, and remotely full-time. You will closely collaborate with and report to our Senior Systems Administrator and IT Manager. This position primarily involves back-end IT specialization with minimal customer interaction and a strong focus on IT Security and Network Administration.
We are looking for a driven individual with a self-starting attitude, who also approaches problem-solving in a collaborative and non-confrontational manner. We value candidates who are driven by a desire for success while maintaining positive and productive relationships with their colleagues.
- Primary Duties: Tasks encompassing Windows system management, systems security, local application hosting setup and support, network administration, storage administration, etc.
- Critical Focus: Proficiency in Windows security policies, regular server patch management, and continuous vulnerability assessment and remediation.
- Windows Management: Proficient in managing Windows Active Directory / Domains, DNS, DHCP, and Group Policy.
- Virtualization: Experienced in server and endpoint hypervisors and virtualization, particularly with VMware.
- Networking: Understanding of network protocols, firewall management, remote work configurations, and network troubleshooting. Experience with SonicWall and Fortinet products (SOHOs and firewalls) is a plus.
- Cloud: Experience with Azure, AWS, or other cloud platforms.
- Scripting: Knowledge of PowerShell scripting for task automation and report building with additional experience in legacy SQL and VBA scripting being a plus.
- Hardware: Direct experience with server hardware, remote management, RAID configurations, backup appliances, and tiered storage solutions.
- Support Process Improvement: Proven ability to enhance support processes and automation using deployment and monitoring tools. Experience with the Kaseya MSP software suite is a plus. Experience with BitDefender Gravity Zone is a plus.
- Ticketing and Change Management: Experience in tracking all work through a ticketing system and with Change Management (CM) processes.
- Vendor Support: Must be capable of acting as the IT point of contact (POC) for external hardware/software vendor support and collaboration as needed.
Expectations, Job Requirements, Work Scenarios
- As this position is remote, we are looking for a proactive and self-motivated employee to accept and excel in the role. The ideal candidate will operate independently as well as in remote partnership with our Senior Systems Administrator on server and network project tasks. The candidate must possess the ability to identify situations where actions may affect business operations or other IT initiatives and proactively address them through planning and communication to minimize disruption.
- Firewall, server and other network activity log review on a regular and proactive basis to spot issues and deficiencies. Experience with intrusion detection, security audits, etc. a plus.
- Regularly update, maintain, and configure network devices for optimal performance and security.
- The ideal candidate possesses high technical aptitude for network backend and user-facing systems and the relationships between.
- Frequent use of ticketing systems to track individual issues and projects will be expected. Tickets and project work is heavily coordinated between other members of IT and we believe communication is key.
- After-hours or weekend work could be required to complete certain job tasks and projects.
- Checklists and proactive system administration tasks will be implemented and expected on recurring basis to ensure accounts, servers, etc. are maintained and kept current proactively.
- Other duties as assigned by Senior System Administrator, IT Manager, and VP of IT.
What differentiates you from others?
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree and four years of related experience, or
- Eight years of related System Administration experience in lieu of a degree.
- Teamwork and Problem-Solving:
- Demonstrates a natural ability to work collaboratively when required, suggest solutions, and approach issues cohesively. Conversely, able to work independently and reliably on active and backlogged projects.
- Possession of any applicable or field-related professional certifications (CISSP, CCNA, etc) is a big plus, please include any certificate title, transcripts, and relevant info in application.
- Security Focus:
- Previous experience, if applicable, in a security-focused system administration role highlighted and demonstrated in application.
- Network Focus:
- Previous experience, if applicable, in a network-focused system administration role highlighted and demonstrated in application.
Security Clearance Requirement
Must be willing and able to pass an employment background check
- Proficiency in Windows Server 2012+
- Proficiency in Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO, etc.
- Proficiency in Windows PowerShell is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange (local) and Exchange (online.)
- Experience with the Kaseya suite (BMS, VSA, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with Unitrends Backup Appliance and services.
- Experience with Nimble Flash Array, or other flash array storage solutions.
- Familiarity with Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud solutions.
- Familiarity with SonicWall and/or Fortinet network security devices.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 4 years
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Bernalillo, NM 87004