Linux Support Engineer
Work with the brightest minds at one of the largest financial institutions in the world. This is long-term contract opportunity that includes a competitive benefit package! Our client has been around for over 150 years and is continuously innovating in today's digital age. If you want to work for a company that is not only a household name, but also truly cares about satisfying customers' financial needs and helping people succeed financially, apply today.
Contract Duration: 18 Months
Required Skills Experience
- 2+ years of Systems Engineering experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education.
- Effective communication skills.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Strong customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with ServiceNow or another IT Service Management Tool managing tickets issues.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, and an understanding of Agile methodology.
- Application or Middleware, IIS, Java, Tomcat, or relevant Web Technologies support experience.
- One or more Cloud Certifications.
- Some experience with one or more Cloud platforms: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)/Tanzu App Service (TAS).
- Some knowledge in containerization technologies/Kubernetes.
- Some Linux Administration experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of dashboarding/reporting tools.
What You Will Be Doing
- Participate in complex technical issues and initiatives related to large scale applications, systems, databases, or other technical products and services.
- Identify opportunity for process improvements within technical support strategies and plans.
- Review and analyze technical queries to extract data, create standard databases, or perform limited programming to fine tune systems supporting low to medium risk technical deliverables.
- Present recommendations for resolving complex technical queries.
- Exercise some independent judgment to analyze performance trends and recommend process improvements while developing understanding of technical process controls or standards.
- Work as an internal consultant regarding use of tools and processes.
- Provide information related to supported system area to functional colleagues, internal partners and stakeholders, including internal customers.
- Operational Support of Cloud Technologies including Kubernetes, VMWare Tanzu (PCF) Application Service (TAS), Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Integrated (TKGI), and Public Cloud services related to Azure and GCP.
- Perform initial triage for all incoming alerts, incidents, requests and questions to the Cloud Operations and Support team. Assist application teams and our Cloud Operations and Engineering partners by troubleshooting issues with platform alerts, onboarding, migrations to new cloud platforms, and day-to-day break-fix activities and inquiries.
- Prompt escalation for engagement with the appropriate operational support teams for critical incidents and transitioning other tickets as necessary.
- Creating and maintaining FAQs, knowledge base articles, operational runbooks, and process documentation.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.