Join the team at OpenDrives, a rapidly growing data services company that is dedicated to solving complex technology problems with innovative yet practical solutions. Our customers range from Hollywood blockbusters, to medical imaging specialists, to academia, and everything in between. Our company's core values are summed up in the word OPEN, which stands for open-mindedness, persistence, effectiveness, and nimbleness. We are looking for empathetic, self-starting professionals who are passionate about exceeding customer expectations and who thrive in a collaborative, supportive environment. If you're a curious listener, with a commitment to excellence, and want to be part of an organization that is dedicated to solving real-world data management challenges, we invite you to apply to join our team today. For this position, Eastern Standard Time applicants are preferred, but not a requirement.
About the Role:
As an OpenDrives Support Engineer, you are the face of the company. In this position, you are the primary point of contact for all client support requests. You troubleshoot problems to identify the cause and investigate and implement solutions to resolve issues in a timely manner.
You are savvy with multiple operating systems (Mac, Windows, Linux, etc). You excel under pressure while remaining calm. You are organized and thorough. You pick up new technologies with ease, and you know that your customer's deadline is your deadline. You communicate clearly and know when to flex your technical lexicon vs when to carefully explain that the files are in the computer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Logging and tracking reported problems (tickets) completely through resolution
- Acting as an initial point of contact for all communication from customers regarding reported problems and queries, then triage, action or escalate as appropriate
- Configuration of servers and equipment
- Keeping the Support Portal up to date with the latest documentation and fixes
- Customer bug and/or feature request reporting
- Proficiency in multiple computing environments, particularly Microsoft Windows, Unix, and OSX
- Must be capable of identifying and researching technology-related issues and be capable of implementing solutions
- Eastern Standard Time preferred
Competencies and Skills:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Requires minimal guidance; and must be able to function in an independent manner, self-starter
- Ability to explain technical issues to technical and nontechnical employees and customers.
- Ability to quickly learn an array of computer hardware and software.
- Flexible Schedule
- Ability to communicate with customers, peers, and management in a professional manner
- Ability to multi-task simultaneously with multiple projects and staff
- General understanding of Linux
- General understanding of Networking
- General understanding of Active Directory
- General understanding of Windows server administration
- General understanding of ZFS
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience, required.
- 2+ Years of experience as PC/server Technician supporting IT-related servers, network services, and clients
Bonus points if you have experience with anything below:
- Managed production storage systems
- Experience with troubleshooting, deploying, or working with networking (TCP/IP and DNS)
- AWS Certifications
- Automation experience
- Lateral experience in GCP or Azure environments
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear; stand and walk. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We have some awesome perks if you want to work with us.
- Incredible vacation policy and flexible schedule
- Great health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer and Employee Paid Life Insurance ADD Options
- Voluntary Short Long Term Disability Options
- Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account Options
- Employee Assistance Program
- Options for hybrid remote/office work, or full remote
- Cell Phone and Internet Allowance
- A culture of empathy and empowerment
Pay Scale Disclaimer
The hiring base salary range for this role is $75,000.00- $85,000.00 USD annually.
Please note that the compensation information provided is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the California Salary Transparency in Job Advertisements Law. OpenDrives takes into consideration a candidate's education, training, and experience, external market and internal value, including seniority and merit systems, and internal pay alignment when determining the salary level for potential new employees. In compliance with the California Law, a potential new employee's salary history will not be used in compensation decisions.