Requisition #: 18969
Functional Area: Software Development
Employment Type: Full-Time
Work Options: Remote / Work from Home in the US #LI-Remote
Work Hours: Standard Business Hours
The Data Architect is responsible for expanding the use of the company’s data as a strategic enabler. This position will create an inventory of the enterprise’s data and establish the tools to ensure that data will be stored and utilized effectively, and that the architecture adheres to industry best-practices for scalability, maintainability, usability, performance, security, and portability. This includes capturing, integrating, organizing, centralizing and maintaining data.
This individual will partner with internal stakeholders to provide strategic, technical leadership related to data architecture and utilization. Additionally, the Data Architect will perform research to discover new data management models and techniques and will be responsible for connecting existing data architecture with new ones as technology continues to emerge.
- Develops strategic plans for structured and non-structured data solutions, including but not limited to: transition strategies, bundling strategies, risk assessment, and roadmap planning.
- Develops, constructs, tests and maintains structured and non-structured data architectures, aligning them with business requirements.
- Ensures data is properly received, transformed, stored, and made accessible for analytics.
- Identifies ways to improve data and analytics reliability, efficiency and quality.
- Provides technical leadership, mentorship and training to other technical resources.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to understand future internal needs tied to data and makes recommendations on technologies to support business strategies.
- Assists with the development of visualizations of analytics results.
- Evaluates new technological developments and evolving business requirements that impact big data/AI/Machine Learning strategies. Implements recommendations as appropriate.
- Identifies gaps, strategic impacts, financial impacts and the risk profile of recommended technical solutions and provides technical support of technologies in use.
- Troubleshoots complex technical issues for big data solutions. Identifies and mitigates risks on projects.
- 10+ years experience as a data architect or data engineer.
- Strong experience working with SQL Server is required.
- Experience working with Big Data is required.
- Working experience with Azure (DevOps, Functions, Data Lake, etc.).
- Experience in query and programming languages.
- Experience with data visualization and reporting packages such as Cognos Analytics, Watson Analytics, PowerBI, etc. is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology-related field.
- Microsoft Professional Program for Big Data and/or AWS Big Data Certified a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to architect complex systems.
- Expertise with data models, database architecture and design for structured and unstructured data.
- Ability to quickly digest and analyze new requirements, and then execute emerging technologies to facilitate rapid prototyping.
- Strong initiative with the ability to identify and plan the execution of a technical or infrastructure architecture strategy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills -ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with various stakeholders including technical, non-technical and executive leadership.
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Annual Reviews, Merit Increases + Quarterly Bonus Program
- 401(k) with Employer Match + Annual Profit Sharing
- 17 PTO Days + 8 Paid Company Holidays + 1 Paid Floating Holiday
- Work/Life Balance Flex Time
- Annual Learning Development Subscriptions
- Free Onsite Wellness Clinic for those associates near our corporate office + free telehealth coverage for all associates regardless of where you live
- Free access to FLEX by Fitness on Demand providing 24/7 access to online workout videos
- Strong company culture that fosters internal growth and development
- Computer Equipment Provided for Home Office
At J. J. Keller, we are Difference Makers because the work we do truly matters. We protect people’s lives every day. In fact, more than 90% of Fortune® 1000 companies rely on J. J. Keller to help create safe work environments. View our CAREERS video to learn more about being a Difference Maker at J. J. Keller and click here to learn what our associates have to say about life as an associate at J.J. Keller.
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with J. J. Keller Associates, Inc.! If you experience system-related issues or need assistance with the online application, please call (920) 720-7700.
Not the right role for you, but know someone who could be a great fit? Refer them to us through our Professional Referral Program and you will earn a cash payment if your referral is hired. Learn more here.
J. J. Keller provides a competitive benefit package which includes the following (eligibility requirements apply): Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan, etc. The compensation range for this role is $110,000.00 to $136,000.00 which varies depending on factors including, but not limited to, a candidate’s overall experience and geographic location. Note that J. J. Keller is not currently recruiting employees to work in California. J. J. Keller Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $136,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
Work Location: Remote