Data Protection Engineer(Direct Hire/Remote)
At Connectria, LLC, we provide award-winning Cloud Computing and Managed Hosting from our world-class data centers in North America to more than 1,000 customers in 30+ countries throughout the world, and we help customers run their systems securely in Amazon’s AWS cloud and Microsoft’s Azure cloud.
For over twenty years, Connectria’s ‘No Jerks Allowed’ philosophy has been the foundation of our culture. We are a company that believes in promoting from within and take an employee-first approach. Due to these practices, Connectria has won St. Louis Post-Dispatch Best Places to Work 9 times, Computerworld Best Places to Work in IT 9 times, HIRE Vets Medallion Award 2 times and The Nation’s Best and Brightest in Wellness Award.
If you are looking for your next career opportunity and enjoy working in a fast-paced and growing business environment and want to be on a team with a “No Jerks Allowed” company philosophy that treats everyone with respect in a fun and supportive work environment, Connectria has an exciting opportunity for you!
The Data Protection Engineer position is responsible for ensuring the protection of data for Connectria and its customers. The candidate will be responsible for implementing and maintaining these critical services, while also exhibiting a professional demeanor and positive attitude within a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
Key responsibilities of role
The candidate will be tasked with the following duties and responsibilities:
- Day-to-day monitoring, administration, and operational support of Connectria’s suite of data protection and migration technologies, including (but not limited to): Commvault, TSM/Spectrum Protect, Veeam, N2WS, EVault, Iron Mountain Cloud, Wasabi Cloud, Zerto, and AWS DRS/FSx.
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day tape operations including (but not limited to): ejecting tapes, replacing tapes, tracking tapes, and working with offsite tape services.
- Ensure up to date and complete documentation is kept as required for all products.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction.
- Communicate with customers via phone, ticketing system, and/or virtual meetings to assist with technical questions or issues regarding data protection products.
- Implementing and supporting Connectria data protection and migration services in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Required to participate in an off-hours on-call rotation and work off hours (including weekends and holidays) in support of upgrades, changes, and problem determination tasks.
Required Skills and Experience
- Extensive administrative and operational experience with one or more technologies (but not limited to): Commvault, TSM/Spectrum Protect, Veeam, N2WS, EVault, Zerto, and AWS DRS/FSx.
- Three or more years of total experience working in the Information Technology field.
- Communicate professionally with internal and external customers.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and manage time/resources efficiently, while delivering a critical service to our customers and to our own organization.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively and professionally without direct supervision.
- Must have enthusiasm for providing the highest level of service possible to end-users and clients.
- Understanding of basic network concepts and protocols (i.e., ICMP, TCP, etc.) to aid in the troubleshooting of data protection products.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to logically think through problem situations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to document processes and procedures for others to follow.
- Ability to correctly follow documented processes and procedures created by other teammates.
- Previous experience with Azure or other data protection and migration technologies is preferred.
- Knowledge of data center concepts and procedures.
- Familiarity with Microsoft and Linux operating systems to allow for the installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of data protection products on those platforms.
Associates Degree in the technology or equivalent in trade school preferred.
Salary: 74,316 Minimum
Connectria, LLC will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Connectria, LLC is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation during the interview process, please reach out to your recruiter.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. (2023)