Threat Response Engineer
$100,000 - $120,000 / Year
Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber threats. We’re a cyber security company who protects, supports and empowers organizations to make better security decisions so they can focus on their mission without fear of cyber threats.
The combination of our market-defining technology and expertise prevents breaches every day and sets a new standard for partnership in the industry. We’re united in our commitment to customers and grounded in our values, which earned us a place on the Forbes Best Start-up Employers 2022 list. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk.
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
The Active Remediation Team is the virtual boots on the ground for our customers when threats are detected in their environment. Being a Threat Response Engineer puts you in the driver’s seat and provides the satisfying opportunity to mitigate threats in our customers’ environments and be the defender against the adversary. We are our customers' trusted stewards who quickly respond to and remediate their threats, ensuring our customers can focus on their core business while we handle their security concerns.
The Active Remediation Team has extensive experience conducting investigations on endpoints, servers, and emerging threat surfaces such as identity, email, SaaS, and cloud. The team utilizes a range of techniques such as analyzing telemetry data from security platforms, malware analysis, and threat hunting. Active Remediation takes advantage of the myriad of tools available in the Red Canary platform to perform immediate actions when threats are detected. As Threat Response Engineers, one of our goals is to identify opportunities to increase our efficiency and ensure we minimize the amount of time customer environments remain vulnerable. We do this by finding new and creative ways to use existing tooling to benefit our customers while also helping build and develop new tools to add into our arsenal.
What You'll Do
- Use Red Canary’s detection platform, detected threat information, and our customers’ security products to analyze, contain, and remediate threats in the customers’ environments
- Provide customers with verbose reports of the actions taken to ensure they understand what you did to clean up their environment and protect them from further damage
- Identify effective response strategies to further enhance the security posture of Red Canary customers
- Actively engage and collaborate with the Detection Engineering, Threat Hunting, and Engineering teams to develop new ways of performing timely remediation of identified threats
- Engage with customers during the setup of Active Remediation and response activity
What You'll Bring
- Understanding the fundamentals of internal system functionality of Windows and MacOS operating systems
- Understanding of security principles as it relates to email, identity, and cloud computing environments
- Understanding of network communication
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with or the capacity to master analyzing telemetry from and within Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) products including CarbonBlack, CrowdStrike, Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, SentinelOne, and Palo Alto Cortex
- Experience with or the capacity to learn how to analyze telemetry from and within email, identity, and cloud computing technologies including, but not limited to, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Protection
- Understanding of enterprise technology, network controls, cloud environments, and security operations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, operational environment and successfully prioritize important tasks
- Professional and articulate with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep interest in understanding and staying current with the latest adversary tactics and techniques
- Experience responding to security events/threats
- Experience with or familiarity with various Cloud, SaaS, and Identity security products
Targeted base salary: $100,000 - 120,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience.
- 100% Paid Premiums- Red Canary pays 100% of your medical, dental and vision premiums for you and your dependents. No waiting period.
- Fertility Benefits- All new hires are eligible for benefits as of their first day.
- Flexible Time Off- Take the vacation and sick time you need.
- Health Reimbursement Account- Fully funded by Red Canary to offset out of pocket expenses such as deductibles, coinsurance and copays.
- Flexible Work Environment- With 60% remote workforce, Canaries can work from virtually almost anywhere.
- Paid Parental Leave- Full base pay to bond/care for your new child.
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
21 days ago
Last updated 21 days ago