Sr. Systems Engineer
This position is not with Helion, it is for a client (MSP) in Harrisburg, PA.
A Managed Services Provider in Harrisburg, PA is searching for its next Sr Engineer. This role will primarily deliver technical mentorship to the service desk staff, build SoW’s and deliver on project tasks, as well as handle escalations and manage the organizations RMM tool. This is a hybrid role; mostly working from home except when required to work in the office and visit client sites. The MSP has roughly 17 staff members who manage 1800 devices and have goals to grow 30% by 2025. Medical, Dental Vision are covered 100%, 401k Match, plenty of PTO and salary is around $100k/annual.
Senior Engineer - Lead Department: Professional Services Reports to: Director of Operations
Senior Engineers are strong in all the most common and popular networking, server, and cyber-defense technologies and some of the more mature ones. In addition to strong technical aptitudes and at least 4 years of direct experiences, this person is a powerful communicator who can manage well when the client is in a pickle and needs strong guidance. The pace and demands in this environment are usually much greater than in an "in-house" or “enterprise” position, which is rewarding for those who exercise independent judgement to see work through to completion. This role and set of responsibilities is crucial for providing technical leadership and client support in our fast-paced managed services environment.
This person should be prompt and know the importance of communicating expectations to clients. This person should be skillful at pre-project/work briefings with each client on each project. This person should then be able to successfully integrate and solve problems in environments rich with cyber defense applications, Microsoft Server, SQL, Azure, web services, networking, VPNs, firewalls, and backups and future requirements of IT in a business setting. The more capable the engineer is in all these areas, the higher the utility value.
This team-lead position will lead the engineering team by example, where coaching and mentoring are consistent, learning new systems/applications and building of processes and systems to improve outputs is normal, and educational training of systems and applications are expected. We seek a personality who brings situational awareness and the ability to do as they say, to positively influence their department and in turn, our clients.
SERVER OPERATING SYSTEMS
O Architecting, Installation, configuration and troubleshooting
o Configure file, print, and remote access services
o Basic administration, including adding/removing users and groups, configuring file permissions, checking event logs, configuring and restoring from backup
o Required: Windows
o Troubleshooting and configuration
o Automating configuration of standard mail and messaging clients, including Outlook
o Automating installation configuration and customization of MS Office Suite applications per customer's preferences
o Solid understanding of and ability to install, configure, and test workstation hardware, including video cards, NICs, sound cards, hard drives, smartphones and tablets
o Working knowledge Microsoft 365 Azure
o Working knowledge of M365 components such as Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint, Intune, Security Compliance, and ATP.
o Strong abilities properly consult upon improving an organizations Security and Compliance scores of M365 Azure.
OTHER PREFERRED TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
o Solid understanding of and ability to configure TCP/IP subnetting and troubleshooting Internet connectivity
o Experience with and understanding of routers and firewalls
o Experience and understanding of RDS and RDS Farms.
o Understanding of the relationship between routers, switches, patch panels, and connecting nodes to a network
o Understanding of DNS services
o Understanding of High Availability / Load Balancing solutions o Understanding of Wireless technologies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of firewall technologies - SonicWALL, Fortinet, Meraki
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Working knowledge of wireless technologies Controller vs controllers, mesh technology, SSID management, signal encryption, dynamic VLAN, RADIUS authentication
- Working knowledge of security fundamentals – endpoint protection, MFA, EDR/XDR, SOC, phishing, threat management
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in IT Managed Services is required
- Engineer with a minimum of four years of experience
- Minimum four years’ experience - Active Directory Support, Microsoft Windows and Windows Server
Support, Microsoft Exchange Support
- Minimum four years’ experience - Cisco Switching/VLAN/Routing/Firewalling Support
- Minimum four years’ experience - Mobile device support (Android and Apple)
- Minimum four years’ experience - Server Hardware Technologies (CPU/RAID/SCSI) Support
- Minimum four years’ experience - Data Backup and Recovery Support, Corporate Antivirus Support, VPN Connectivity Support
- Have multiple certifications with high skill levels. The following certifications are preferred: M365 Certified – Enterprise Administrator Expert/M365 (Security/Messaging/Teams) Associate, CCNA/CCDA/CCVP/CCIE, VCP, Project+, Network+, Security+
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Harrisburg, PA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Managed Services: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: In person