Systems Engineer I
$23 - $39 / Hour
An exciting opportunity exists to join the ProAssurance family of companies!
We are a specialty writer of professional liability, products liability and workers' compensation insurance. With approximately 1,000 team members operating in all 50 states, we are well-positioned to offer career opportunities to individuals interested in professional growth.
Preference is for this position to be hybrid and based in Birmingham AL. We will also consider qualified candidates to be hybrid and based in Mechanicsburg PA, Austin TX or Okemos MI.
The System Engineer (SE1) is heavily involved in the day-to-day infrastructure operations. The SE1 works incident and request queues and strives to resolve things at the lowest level. This position works closely with other Infrastructure teams to ensure infrastructure projects are rolled out quickly and smoothly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
80% - IT Internal:
- Triage and resolve ITIL incidents that require enhanced knowledge of systems and applications and handle tier 3 service desk tasks for specific infrastructure technologies.
- Complete requests timely and look for process and automation improvement opportunities.
- Design and implement solutions with a focus on manageability and use automation where available.
- Provide SME Support for Microsoft Infrastructure Applications.
- Provide SME Support for “Other” Infrastructure Apps.
- Document systems and processes with a focus on end-user self-service.
- Participate and manage both strategic and tactical infrastructure projects and initiatives.
- Design and implement solutions that play to core infrastructure services.
- Design and implement using reasonable security methods which do not compromise manageability and useability.
- Provide constant vigilance related to improving applications and process.
- Support Internal IT teams and end-users.
15% - SPC LOB Technology Initiatives:
- Create and drive business process improvement utilizing ITIL tools, automation technologies, client scripts, business rules, etc.
- Drive continual improvement by pushing incident resolution to the appropriate party. This involves mentoring other teams.
- Lead technical efforts to rollout and document infrastructure roadmap technologies.
- Participate on multiple project teams and lead smaller project efforts.
- Create Migration and Test plans for assigned work.
- Provide world class support to end-users and other IT teams for Infrastructure and application rollouts.
5% - Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or eight years’ equivalent experience and training, and three years in a technical support or engineering role.
- Certifications in ITIL, AWS, GCP, Azure, ServiceNow, Microsoft (MCP/MCSA/MCSE), VMWare, Citric, etc. preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and customer service skills.
- Thorough knowledge of ITIL and ITIL management tools.
- Able and willing to collaborate in a team environment and exercise independent judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft operating systems.
- Knowledge and experience managing Microsoft infrastructure technologies including but not limited to Exchange, Teams, SCCM, Active Directory, Mobile Apps, Bitlocker, Office, DNS, Certificates, and Printers.
- Knowledge and experience managing “other” infrastructure apps including but not limited to Zoom, Citrix, Proofpoint, Printer Logic, VMWare, Okta, Biscom, SpecOps, ServiceNow, AD Manger, AD Audit, SharePoint reporter, Exchange Reporter, JAMF, Zerto, Veeam, Solarwinds and Meraki.
- Knowledge and experience managing and troubleshooting core applications including but not limited to eOasis, ImageRight, Sharefile, and Workday.
Here at ProAssurance, we believe our team members are our most valuable asset. We are committed to providing a dynamic and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work and grow personally and professionally.
For that reason, we partner with The Predictive Index (PI) – an organization equally committed to improving the working lives of people, to help us hire the best talent by providing additional insight about one’s work style.
The position you applied to may require completion of two assessments – Behavioral and Cognitive. Each assessment takes less than 12 minutes to complete. After submitting your application, you will receive two emails from The Predictive Index inviting you to complete each of these assessments (please check your SPAM or Junk email folder if you do not see these emails in your inbox). These assessments do not need to be completed prior to your application being reviewed.
Position Salary Range$23.98 - $39.58
The salary range displayed represents the entirety of the pay grade for this position. Most candidates will start in the bottom half of the range. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have, your location and comparison to other team members already in this role.
21 days ago
Last updated 21 days ago