South Bend Orthopaedics is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator to join our team. This position will assist in the design, technical support, administration, and maintenance of Windows based network and server systems. Requires a working knowledge of Active Directory, Azure AD, TCP/IP, DNS, networking, Exchange, WSUS, and IIS. Experience with data backup systems, VoIP, Hyper-V and VMW preferred. Must have 4 years minimum experience in System Administration and trouble-shooting networked systems.
- Administers Microsoft Windows Server systems such as Active Directory, DNS, File/Print/Terminal Services, Certificates and Group Policies. Maintains other critical platforms such as VMWare, Hyper-V and Veeam.
- Build and tests new servers to design standards and maintains the optimum performance of all systems and services. Prepares new systems for network and data communications while ensuring that these system configurations meet the intended requirements and are compatible with existing systems and network services.
- Maintains data availability. Maintains data backups of all servers.
- Provides general server maintenance such as applying system patches, performing upgrades, maintaining access controls, installing operating systems and application software, troubleshooting system problems, and following proper disposal and decommissioning procedures for retired systems.
- Provide Tier II Help Desk Support.
- Performs routine and non-routine work on technical assignments.
- Responds to critical after hours support issues.
- Assists in development, implementation and testing for Disaster Preparedness.
- Stays current in their respective field through reading professional literature and attending continuing education offerings, membership and participation in professional organizations, certifications, etc.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
- Knowledge of computer hardware, software and data communications including compatibility and system configuration.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems and Windows Workstation Operating Systems and networking concepts within Microsoft Products and TCP/IP environment.
- Must be highly organized with strong time management skills.
- Strong work ethic, reliable, with a good sense of judgment and positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees, and the public.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring when dealing with others. Must react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent experience in network systems management related field.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- VMWare: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple locations