Microsoft Configuration Manager and Intune Administrator
Empower our workforce by providing the tools needed to deliver essential services to our community.
We're hiring a Microsoft Configuration Manager (CM/SCCM) and Intune Administrator for the System and Software Deployment unit in our Information Technology department. The core focus of this position will be CM/Intune tool and infrastructure administration including software distribution, Group Policy Object (GPOs)/Configuration Software Policy (CSPs) across multiple domains, and using both on-premises and Cloud based toolsets. This position will also keep tools and infrastructures up to date and current, as well as troubleshooting SCCM/Intune tool and endpoint issues. The team is responsible for supporting the computing environment of the nearly 14,000 devices across the enterprise.
Candidates must have a right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by an employer.
Current Hennepin County employees who refer a candidate hired into an open competitive position may be eligible for a $500 referral bonus. For more information visit employee referral program.
Location and hours:
This position is hybrid and will be performed both on-site at the Government Center in downtown Minneapolis at 300 South 6th Street, Minneapolis, MN 55487, and remote as job duties require. Work hours will primarily be Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. with flexibility. This team also has a shared rotating on-call shift. While this position is designated as hybrid, based on current requirements hires must reside in or relocate to Minnesota or Wisconsin.
New employees who are hired into remote or hybrid positions between January 2, 2022 to December 31, 2024, will receive $500 toward the cost of establishing consistent internet connectivity, payable upon completion of 6 months of employment.
About the position type:
This is a full-time, benefit earning position.
This position is internally classified as a Senior IT Engineer - IT Database Engineer and IT Network Engineer. Click here to view the job classification specification.
At this time, employees may be eligible to receive an additional cash merit of up to $2,730.84 that can be earned annually based on performance.
In this position, you will:
- Work with GPOs and CSPs across multiple domains.
- Troubleshoot and provide direction for resolution of complex technical issues; analyze and solve critical problems.
- Support Operating System Provisioning via Autopilot for Windows 10/11 devices.
- Assist other lines of businesses technical staff with complex image, patching, applications, software delivery, tool issues and errors.
- Assist in the management Microsoft Endpoint Management Infrastructure.
- Contribute with PowerShell scripting for Enterprise Settings and Configurations.
- Configure and Deploy Windows 11 policies, settings, and application deployments, using Microsoft Endpoint Manager in a Hybrid Cloud Environment and Azure Domain Cloud Environment.
- Troubleshoot SCCM/Intune tool and endpoint issues.
- Maintain tools and infrastructures to be up to date and current.
Need to have:
- One of the following:
- Seven years or more of information technology experience.
- Associate/vocational/technical degree in computer science, engineering, or a related information technology field and five years or more of information technology experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, management information systems, data engineering, business intelligence, data analytics, or a related information technology field and three years or more of information technology experience.
- Certification in a leading professional level certification area (e.g., Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, Infoblox Core DDI, etc.).
Nice to have:
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects in an Agile environment.
- Administering both the front and back end of SCCM/CM including troubleshooting complex tool set issues, Windows 10/11 issues, software delivery, and application issues.
- Administrating and troubleshooting Microsoft Auto Pilot deployments.
- Working with Microsoft Intune for Windows Device Management (device configuration, policies, etc.).
- Supporting Microsoft Configuration Manger infrastructure upgrades, setting up Distribution Points, creating Configuration Manger policies, and managing Cloud management Gateway.
- Troubleshooting failed deployments and application issues.
Technology is the foundation of our work – and the work of every county employee. The Information Technology department is here to help our employees work smarter, faster and better. It is made up of 9 divisions: Business Solutions, Service Management Office, Architecture, Central Services Administration Imaging Operations, Enterprise Development, IT Finance Support Services, Operations, IT Strategic Alignment, and IT Security.
About Hennepin County:
Hennepin is the largest county government organization in Minnesota. Our employees work every day to improve the health, safety and quality of life for our residents and communities. All of our jobs align to one or more of our overarching goals - that Hennepin County residents are healthy, protected and safe, self-reliant, assured due process, and mobile.
Our employees receive a combination of generous benefits and positive workplace culture not found at other organizations. This includes meaningful work that impacts our community, competitive pay, work-life balance, a variety of benefits and opportunities to grow. Learn more at bridge.hennepin.us/eligibility (select Guest).
Hennepin County envisions an organization where our commitment to diversity and the reduction of disparities is fundamental in providing excellent service to our community.
Your future. Made here.
This position may have access to systems or other documentation that may contain HIPAA data.
Invitations to interview will be based upon an assessment of education and experience. Final candidates will be required to complete a background check.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Why work here?
Hennepin County embraces the Total Rewards philosophy. We want our employees to succeed – not only at work but as they move through life and its milestones. We offer advantages and opportunities others can't – including:
- Meaningful work
- Public service
- Competitive pay
- Work-life balance
- Generous benefits
- Opportunities to grow
- Commitment to your success
By working in public service, we are a part of something larger than ourselves. Together, we support those in need. We help people access information and services. We empower vibrant and diverse communities. We serve residents.
Employee Benefits Summary
Visit our benefits page to learn more: bridge.hennepin.us/eligibility.
If you are a current Hennepin County employee please be aware that any change in job classification may affect your current benefits (such as a conversion from Vacation/Sick Leave to Paid Time Off and/or enrollment in a Health Care Saving Plan.) .