SQL DBA/Business Analyst - Hybrid (50% Office/50% Remote)
Are you looking for an organization that values your experience? Are you a skilled IT Professional ready to take your career to the next level? If so, keep reading!
Tropical FCU (TFCU) is a Sun-Sentinel Top Workplace SIX years in a row. Join us for a great employee experience focused on engaging employees and members alike.
This position is an individual contributor to the development, maintenance, and enhancement of the Credit Union’s business applications, providing specialized technical or business knowledge to projects. This position is assigned to projects within the Information Technology Department or outwardly to corporate departmental projects and utilizes a variety of new computing architectures (e.g., client/server, Intranet, Web) or business application platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- An individual in this position is required to interact with peer workers in business units and IT personnel and has contact with vendors, industry peers, and professional associations to keep informed of existing and evolving industry standards and technologies.
- Supports the mission of TFCU by providing excellent service to members (both external and internal) and by maintaining a positive outlook.
- Participate in the maintenance, architecture, and development of database-driven solutions using Microsoft SQL Server and related technologies.
- Assist with the management of security for SQL Server databases.
- Ensure optimization of internal databases.
- Maintain database documentation and database change management documentation, as required
- Work with internal departments in planning application enhancements or upgrades.
- Assist in the maintenance of legacy systems and code with an eye towards strategic improvements of schema and processes.
- Ensure performance and availability of database systems and resources
- Monitor SQL backups and maintenance plans. Perform ad hoc restores
- SQL Server installation, including upgrades, apply patches and service packs
- Administer security access
- Assist with testing, diagnosis, and resolution of database issues
- Work with applications team to identify and remediate access and configuration issues
- Perform necessary administration of third-party applications connected directly or indirectly to the business application systems.
- Assists in implementing hardware and software to support business applications and related equipment. Assists in I.T. projects as needed.
- Work flexible hours and be available for on-call and after-hours support (7x24 operations).
- And other duties as assigned
We offer Excellent Benefits such as:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Retirement Profit Sharing 401K Plan
- Accident, Cancer and Hospital Indemnity Plan
- Prepaid Legal
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Pet Discount Program
- Paid Time Off/ 11 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement/Student Loan Paydown Program
- And so much more!