Junior System Adminstrator
Do you want an opportunity to practice Linux, Windows, SQL, SAN, and network administration at the same time?
As a technology leader in healthcare process automation and interoperability, Smart Data Solutions (SDS) company is a strategic partner that utilizes data and intelligent automation to digitally transform operations and deliver outcomes for clients which reduces costs, streamline workflows, and improves overall customer experience. Looking to the future, Smart Data Solutions has ambitious growth plans for the next few years and is currently seeking a Junior Systems Administrator to join our growing team.
What you’ll be doing?
- Ticketing Troubleshooting
- Respond to and work to resolve tickets in the IT Support ticketing queue
- Respond to and work to resolve tickets in the FTP Support ticketing queue
- Provision new laptops and workstations according to applicable roles and checklists
- Perform corrective procedures to ensure:
- Sufficient disk space is available on monitored volumes
- Monitored RAID systems are in good health
- SAN replication is executing as expected
- Database replication is current to all slave databases
- Web servers and balancing configurations are performing as expected
- Production-related software modules are performing as expected
- Perform corrective procedures to ensure:
- Development Provisioning
- Develop new SDS software modules and utilities in order to support production, operations, and customer support
- Configure and deploy new server hardware and virtual servers
- Configure and deploy new storage hardware
- Create documentation for all hardware and software install and configuration procedures
- Use existing documentation when performing procedures, and update if necessary
- Document results of general troubleshooting
- Perform regularly scheduled external backups of critical SDS resources
- Store backup disks in off-site location and rotate
- Vulnerability Management and Security Configuration
- Remediate identified vulnerabilities in software applications, operating systems, and networking infrastructure
- Identify and remediate vulnerabilities in the QuickClaim web application, and other SDS web applications as needed
- Execute system hardening in accordance with hardening checklists and CIS profile scan results
- Suggest and implement new systems and configurations that enhance the security posture of SDS
Remain up to date on the latest information security trends and methods
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for?
- 2 or 4 year CS or IT-related degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Operations Systems (Workstation and Server)
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems, MySQL database, Java, and Shell Scripting
- Action oriented
Why this is the company for you?
Top Benefits Perks:
- A company culture that is authentic and values teamwork, humility, and fairness! We work hard for our customers and have fun along the way!
- A professional development and growth-oriented workplace
- Generous benefits including, health insurance, dental, vision, short-term, and long-term disability
- 401(k) with a company match to provide a better future in your retirement years
- Work-life balance with competitive paid time off package; including vacation, holiday, and a floating day
Who is Smart Data Solutions?
Smart Data Solutions is a technology vendor that brings 22 years of healthcare experience using intelligence and automation to extract data from front office mailroom operations. Today, the company is expanding out from its front office focus and targeting its open-source automation and AI engines toward the entire healthcare operations value chain. One of the key benefits of working with Smart Data Solutions is their specialized approach to data capture and automation. Smart Data Solutions takes a comprehensive approach to image and document processing, using multiple engines and hundreds of thousands of lines of code to ensure accuracy and make sense of data. Smart Data Solutions has also invested heavily in EDI interoperability, with clearinghouse capabilities that enable them to pivot towards providing value-added services. Using the data they have collected, they are able to offer population health insights to clients, helping them make informed decisions about their largest areas of spending and identifying potential opportunities for cost savings.
Smart Data Solutions’ global headquarters are just outside of St. Paul, MN with 400+ employees and leverages dedicated onshore and offshore resources as part of its service delivery model. The company counts over 500 healthcare organizations as clients, including multiple Blue Cross Blue Shield state plans, regional health plans and TPAs, handling over 2 billion transactions of varying types annually with a 98%+ customer retention rate. SDS plans to continue investments into meaningfully in automation and machine learning capabilities across its tech-enabled processes to drive scalability and greater internal operating efficiency while also improving client results.
SDS has partnered with a leading growth-oriented investment firm, Parthenon Capital Partners, and the Blue Venture Fund, a unique collaboration among Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) companies, to further accelerate expansion and product innovation.
Smart Data Solutions acquired JMS and Associates in Q3 of 2022. The combination of both SDS’ and JMS’ tech-enabled solutions will bring greater operational efficiency through automation to various markets across the healthcare industry. We are able to provide a greater product suite, allowing us to broaden the scope of our solutions to solve more business challenges for our clients and across the industry.
Smart Data Solutions is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status