Power BI Analyst
With $1,000 in his pocket, Allen Lund made the brave decision to start his own transportation brokerage company. It was 1976, when Allen Lund Company formally opened the first office in Los Angeles. Now, we have 37 offices throughout the country and continue to grow!
We are always looking for exceptional people to join our fast paced, challenging, team-oriented work environment. Our culture fosters personal growth and commitment both in and out of the office. Our diverse workforce is key in delivering outstanding customer service and our commitment to our industry are main components of our unmatched reputation. We hold true the value of hiring, developing and retaining the best employees in the industry. Our management provides an open and innovative environment that promotes professional and personal growth. This is why one half of our employees have been with ALC for over 10 years!
Why we’re Awesome!!
- Inclusive company culture
- Training and Development
- Competitive Compensation
- Unparalleled Benefits Wellness (we mean really good)!
- 401k with a generous match
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Transfer Opportunities
- Share in Company ownership
- Employee Recognition program
We are looking for a Power BI Analyst to join our team! The Power BI Analyst will research, design, and develop business analytical requirements from Corporate Analytics Team to create company Business Intelligence tools. If this is you– let’s talk.
- Research, design, and develop business analytical requirements from Corporate Analytics Team to create company Business Intelligence tools
- Develop testing procedures with key business users to certify all aspects of BI tools are accurate and meet expectations
- Build and maintain working knowledge of Oracle SQL Developer, MSFT SQL Server and Power BI software applications
- Create and Maintain new Data Models in Power BI for continued development
- Serve as a liaison between Operations, Developers and IT to assist or gather business data requirements needed for BI and Analytical support
- Creating performance scorecards and other routines required reporting for stakeholders
- Prioritizing initiatives based on business needs and requirements – Help to Create and Meet Report Deadlines
- Adapting to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Communicating ideas and viewpoints to senior management
- Identifying innovative ways to increase customer satisfaction
- Gathering information from experience, training, and cross-functional relationships to produce useful reporting tools
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Management
- Staying up-to-date on the latest analytics, BI and IT advancements that could give ALC a competitive advantage
- Stay current with ALC customers and Transportation and Logistics industry to identify business needs and potential improvement opportunities
- Assess business process and system inefficiencies
- Uphold the company standard following the company principles of Customer, Company, Office
Other General Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide and support the implementation of business data solutions, with priority to ALC’s top customer(s), to build a blueprint for customer analytical needs.
- Develop KPI reporting based on business requirements by ALC customers
- Design, build and support Dashboards based on KPI requirements from customers and ALC
- Manage customer relationships and expectations by developing a communication process to keep others up-to-date on project results
- Identify ways to increase adoption and customer satisfaction
Weekly Report-Out Duties:
- Submit a Google Drive Form with your weekly accomplishments and roadblocks
- Post Updates in Teamwork Site for Managed Projects
- Attend Bi-Weekly BI Team Meetings
Skills and Experience
- College degree highly desired or
- Transportation Industry Experience a plus
- 3+ years of practical Power BI experience that includes, but not limited to:
- Proficiency in using Power BI Desktop to create reports and dashboards
- Knowledge of connecting to various data sources, including databases, Excel files, web services, and more
- Knowledge of data modeling concepts, including relationships, hierarchies, and DAX formulas
- Design and creation of interactive and informative visualizations using charts, graphs, tables, and maps.
- Understanding of best practices for effective data visualization
- Ability to publish reports to the Power BI service and create dashboards.
- Knowledge of sharing and collaboration features
- Skills in implementing data security measures, including role-based access control (RBAC) and row-level security
- Knowledge of optimizing report and dashboard performance for large datasets
- Familiarity with advanced features of Power BI, such as AI visuals, custom visuals, and integration with Power Automate
- Ability to diagnose and resolve issues related to data, visuals, and report performance
- Ability to document reports and follow best practices for report development, naming conventions, and version control
- A commitment to staying up-to-date with Power BI updates and new features
- 5 Years Microsoft Excel
- Python and SQL Experience recommended
- Excellent time-management skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Join us in making a difference! Allen Lund Company is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity.