Scientific Software Developer
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines and solutions that address complex health issues and enhance people's lives. As we push the boundaries of personalized treatment to transform how we treat disease, we are taking the principles of precision medicine, which has revolutionized how cancer patients are diagnosed and treated, a step further to fight diseases across immunology, neuroscience, and specialty care.
We are seeking a talented and curious software engineer to join our SPecialized Research in Chaotic Systems (SPaRCS) team within our Small Molecule Therapeutics and Platform Technologies (SMTPT) organization. This individual will work with various software languages to deliver significant productivity improvements to AbbVie R&D teams. The successful candidate will utilize their thirst for knowledge and their experience to write easy-to-use, graphical software.
· Collaborate with scientists in diverse laboratories to develop complex software that improves efficiency of data capture, storage, and analysis.
· Work with Information Technology organization to acquire and to access on-premises and cloud infrastructure to implement complex software systems.
· Provide expert guidance and assistance to less expert software developers to understand, to make robust, and to support software developed by untrained developers.
· Rapidly develop fluency in multiple computer languages on an as needed basis.
· Contribute to electrical, software, and mechanical engineering designs and problem solving for custom laboratory instruments
Level and compensation will be commensurate with experience
· BS in engineering with 5+ years or MS with 3+ years of experience.
· Hands-on experience in writing software for managing data acquisition, storage, and analysis workstreams.
· Experience in multiple computer programming languages, including Python, Java, and C#, and the demonstrated ability to rapidly debug software written by others.
· Experience working in life-science research laboratories.
Key Leadership Competencies:
· Builds strong relationships with peers and, cross functionally, with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
About the Company: