Senior Software Developer
Location: Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
Telework: Potential for some telework
Clearance: ACTIVE Secret Clearance required(US Citizenship Required)
Number of Openings: 1
Funding Status: Funded
Salary Range: $120,000 - $160,000 (Please see below for more info on salary)
SimVentions, consistently voted a Best Place to Work in Virginia, is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team! This individual will provide senior software engineering in an Agile development environment as part of a team developing a Tactical Simulator (TACSIM) for an Electronic Warfare (EW) system.
- Develop technical designs and specifications for complex software solutions.
- Research and integrate design strategies, product specifications, development schedules, and user expectations into product capabilities.
- Gain understanding and knowledge of the tactical Electronic Warfare systems and various software baselines
- Actively support all aspects of the system development lifecycle (analysis, requirements definition, design, coding, development and unit testing, maintenance and preparing associated documentation) with an emphasis on software coding.
- Work collectively and provide technical leadership to other developers within the engineering team to ensure high-quality software product delivery.
- Actively support on-site installation and integration of the TACSIM with their tactical systems in various locations across the country.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of the Linux operating environment including, but not limited to, the following:
- Testing and debugging software applications, components, and units.
- Reverse engineering complex Linux C++/Java applications.
- Linux networking, system administration, scripting, and configuration and management.
- Software development using database technologies.
- Ability to clearly and accurately document software source code, specifications, and manuals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate constructively and present overall results with other government and contractor personnel
- Ability to thrive in a flexible, team-oriented work environment
- Experience with C++ and Linux
- Ten years of software development experience.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Agile/SCRUM experience
- Navy Electronic Warfare background/knowledge preferably with the Surface Electronic Warfare Improvement Program (SEWIP)
- DDS-compliant middleware experience
- Product Line Architecture (PLA) and Component Framework (CF) experience
Education: A Bachelor’s of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline
Clearance: An ACTIVE Secret Clearance is required for this position. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
Travel (if applicable): 15% (Occasional travel to support system installations)
Benefits & Compensation: At SimVentions, we’re committed to supporting the total well-being of our employees and their families. Our benefit offerings include comprehensive health and welfare plans to serve a variety of needs.
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive 401(k) programs
- Retirement and Financial Counselors
- Health Savings and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life insurance, short- & long-term disability
- Continuing Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Paid Leave (e.g., Maternity, Paternity, Jury Duty, Bereavement, Military)
- Third Party Employee Assistance Program that offers emotional and lifestyle well-being services, to include free counseling
- Supplemental Benefit Program
Compensation at SimVentions is determined by a number of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s experience, education, training, security clearance, work location, skills, knowledge, and competencies, as well as alignment with our corporate compensation plan and contract specific requirements.
The projected annual compensation range for this position is $120,000 - $160,000 (USD). This estimate reflects the standard salary range for this position and is just one component of the total compensation package that SimVentions offers.Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a place to work with other growth-orientated technically exceptional experts. It’s also a fun place to work. Our family-friendly atmosphere encourages our employee-owners to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great things together.
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we take pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing solutions to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver innovative products and solutions that go beyond the expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will allow you to grow, have a voice, and make an impact.
Get Involved in Giving Back
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded company is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we encourage that is by providing a wide range of service opportunities for our team members to engage in throughout the year.
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in its innovative and cutting-edge technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on, you will be having a direct impact on our customer’s success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don’t just hire the smartest people. We hire experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what they do, and who benefit from the culture that we have created here.
Create Meaningful Solutions
We are trusted partners with our customers and are provided challenging and meaningful requirements to help them solve.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits like:
- Impact: work on projects that directly support the defense of our nation.
- Serve: work for a company that supports its surrounding communities.
- Employee Owned: work with the best and help build YOUR company.
- Dress code: business casual. We like to be comfortable while we work.
- Healthcare: one of the best packages in the industry.
- Culture: add to our culture of technical excellence and collaboration.
- Food: we have a lot of food around here.
- Family focus: work for a team that recognizes the importance of family time.
- Resources: excellent facilities, tools, and training opportunities to grow in your field.
- Open communication: work in an environment where your voice matters.
- Fitness/Well-being: opportunities to participate in company sports teams and workout groups.
- Professional development: employee-led interest groups for personal and professional development plus great training options
- What you bring to the table: contribute, grow, and thrive.
- Lots of employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job done
- Regular communication (“All-Hands”, “SimV Share”, “Imagineering Day”) to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good food
- SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
- Employee led interest groups for personal and professional development
- What you bring to the table…
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)-
About the Company:
SimVentions, Inc - Glassdoor ✪ 4.6