Senior Device Software Engineer
The individual works within cross-functional teams and provides software requirements, design and implementation for current or next generation software and systems projects. He or she develops a thorough understanding of design requirements to ensure that the system’s objectives are properly defined and ultimately achieved.
Individual must have strong technical skills complemented by great communications and teamwork qualities. Experience in a software development background in a structured/regulated environment such as medical device development is required.
- Design, develop, and support embedded, Windows embedded and desktop applications.
- Contribute to requirements definition at the functional level.
- Participate in software work product reviews/inspections.
- Interface, integrate, troubleshoot and debug software and hardware components.
- Generate required product development documentation including Functional Specifications and design documents.
- Execute manual or automated tests for verification and validation of software applications.
- Design, code and validate software tools for use in the manufacturing of the product.
- Work with Software Test, Support and Manufacturing to resolve software issues.
- Drive improvements to product and process quality.
- BS in Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Computer Science education.
- At least 8 years of software design and development experience for BS degree or 6+ years for MS degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with embedded system programming with C/C++, C#/.Net. Proficient with Real time software development.
- Must have experience in structured software and systems development and integration, including experience in software design methodologies, design patterns, component-oriented software architecture to produce high-quality software applications.
- Experience in developing event driven, multi-threaded applications.
- Comfortable with Electrical Engineering fundamentals.
- Understand hardware schematics and write software to control it.
- Experience with Bluetooth, UART and SPI.
- Some understanding of control algorithms such as PID
- Prior experience of motion control or fluid management is preferred.
- Experience in medical devices or similarly controlled software environment preferred.
- Knowledge of software life cycle processes used in regulated development environments.
- Result-oriented, self-motivated and able to participate as both a team member and an individual contributor.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
About the Company: