SAP HANA DB Architect
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payors, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting. We believe in the importance of strong, vital organizations because we know that patients can only be healthy when our system is healthy.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
We understand the importance of a system that works together. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career. Wherever you contribute here at McKesson, you will have the ability to make a real impact in the lives of others.
Job title: SAP HANA DB Architect
Work location: USA / Remote
Mckesson Corporation is looking for a SAP HANA Database Architect with strong S/4 experience; In this role, you will be a primary subject matter expert who will work closely with the core business, technical engineering and vendor teams. This is a critical role as we drive rationalization, design and adoption of SAP HANA Database implementation across the enterprise. will have a deep knowledge of S/4, RCC and Operation excellence that help to build strong cross-functional, cross-business unit relationships to become a trusted and collaborative partner for our business teams.
Keys skills required:
With over 10 years of strong SAP HANA experience, you must possess the following expertise
Design solutions, Production Support the rollout, Prepare for sizing and scalability, Troubleshoot issues, SAP HANA Database Performance tuning and optimization, Maintain currency of technology S4 HANA Environment experience strongly desired and lastly SAP Basis Admin experience
Key technical responsibilities:
- Opex Excellence - Troubleshooting Px issues, Incident Mgt/RCAs, HA/DR, Archiving/Backups/Restores, Data Refreshes, Workload Management, Automation experience, Monitoring Alerting/ Cockpit, Scripting Experience
- Hana Expertise - Performance Tuning, SQL tuning advanced expertise for Hana DB Optimizer, Indexing, Partitionining, SLT/Replication
- Surrounding Ares - ABAP high level understanding to research requesting application, Native Storage Extension, DVM, RRC (Risk Reg Compliance) - encryption - rest and transit,audits, SOC/SOX, Authentication, Authorization
- Capex - OS/DB Migration to HANA targets, Upgrades/Migrations/Installations, Road map, Cloud experience, SAP Cloud Apps experience, Sizing, scaling (Scale-out environment expertise)
- Analytics - Active Active Config, Tableau type tools connectivity
- Experience with AMS off and on teams preferred
- Additional - Best practices, frameworks, SAP Business Suite/Apps knowledge, with deep understanding in Order processing/Inventory Allocation/Lot Serialization etc
- Responsible for leading the SAP HANA DB S/4 module in a highly complex and integrated IT landscape
- Uses Collaborative and consultative skills to translate and bridge business requirements to systems developers to design, build, test and deploy Budgeting, planning and forecasting processes across BU’s
- Gather requirements, generate conceptual design, configure/prototype solution alternatives, author functional specifications, and implement these solutions in the integrated SAP environment
- Collaborate across SAP teams as well as with 3rd party applications/vendors
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build and maintain business relationships and customer service skills
- Ability to identify opportunities, resolve challenges and drive action in collaboration with internal & external cross-functional teams
- Provide knowledge transfer to operations and support and to business users
- Provide Early Life Support for Releases Placed in Production
- SAP Certified professional with experience as leading global SAP ERP enterprise projects
- S/4 HANA experience
- Experience delivering projects using Agile Methodology
- PMP Certification is highly recommended
- 10+ years of experience as an SAP HANA DB
- Bachelor's degree
- Excellent communication and ability to work with collaboration and interpersonal skills and cross-functional teams as well as interact with senior leaders and stakeholders
Travel requirement: 10% of travel to meet the team and be available for important rollouts
Relocation is NOT budgeted for this position.
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to support physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, please click here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.Our Base Pay Range for this position
$140,400 - $234,000
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to
Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!
About the Company: