Associate Cloud Engineer - Azure VMWare Solution
About the Department:
At Novo Nordisk, our Finance and Operations team is the engine that elevates holistic commercialization of our products. The Finance and Operations team works closely with the business across the organization to guide enterprise wide resource allocations, investment choices, drive core operations and develop insights to drive growth and operational excellence across the value chain while innovating for future capabilities. We regulate accounting, uphold workplace safety, manage our supply chain and sampling, support technology, provide commercial operations, insights & analytics, maintain our facilities and assure the integrity and completeness of all business transactions. At Novo Nordisk, you will have the opportunity to build a life-changing career in a global business environment. We encourage our employees to make the most of their talent. And we reward hard work and dedication with the opportunity for continuous learning and personal development. Are you ready to realize your potential?
The Associate Cloud Engineer role will contribute to the technical development and operations of our public and private cloud platforms. This role will be a member of the Agile Product teams and will therefore be working closely with members of the Cloud and Corporate Infrastructure (C&CI) organization, coordinating activities with colleagues in Denmark, India and the US. You will be a member of the Cloud Community of Practice (Cloud CoP). You will exhibit a global mindset and approach in your work.
This position reports to the Manager, NAO Infrastructure and will collaborate closely with members of the North America Operations team and C&CI colleagues in DK and India. Additional internal stakeholders include IT System Managers, Global Security Organization, C&CI for Infrastructure, Network, Security, Application, and user related activities. External stakeholders include service providers for support of hosted infrastructure, including Accenture and NNIT. The role will liaison for other Cloud initiatives as needed across C&CI.
Essential Functions:Provides Technology Leadership, Support and Service:
- Ensures that stakeholders’ requirements are identified and met, commitments are delivered upon and that stakeholders receive quality support services
Analyze And Fulfills Business Needs:
- Monitors system performance and capacity of cloud and on-premises environments to proactively avoid issues and work towards continuous improvement
Develops and Maintains Systems, Applications and Infrastructure:
- Implement, and support hardware and software infrastructure using the following service models: Public Cloud, on-premises, co-location data center, managed service, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, DaaS, and hybrid implementations
- Work with team members to automate engineering tasks, streamline processes and perform standard administration functions as needed
- Provides Tier 2 operational support for hardware and software problems associated with Cloud Data Center systems architecture and its components
Builds Relationships and Influences Key Stakeholders:
- Cultural awareness relevant to working in a globally focused work environment
Infrastructure Development and Operation:
- The ability to learn new applications and apply knowledge in troubleshooting situation
Contributes to Business Enablement and Project Delivery:
- Works towards overall project goals, plans, timelines, and deliverables using the Novo Nordisk SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) methodology
Manages IT Vendors:
- Assesses vendor performance (i.e., against KPIs and SLAs) to ensure compliance with contract expectations; and identifies areas of future improvement
Understands & Applies Risk Management Practices:
- Adhere to qualification SOPs to ensure industry compliance, including CFR, GxP; apply ITSM & qualification management system (QMS) best practices as needed. Assist in evaluation and remediation of results from audits and assessments
0-10% overnight travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree, Computer Science degree, or equivalent relevant work experience required
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, network standards and protocols, TCPIP, VLANs, Firewalls, Software Defined Networking.
- Exposure to IT Service Support and Service Delivery best practices (including service desk, Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration, Capacity, and Financial Management). Experience working with an ITSM tool such as ServiceNow or Remedy.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills; works well with others in a cross functional team environment as well as a self-starter able to work independently
- Must be able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with IT Management, including policy and planning development, security management, documentation development, budgeting, knowledge management, auditing, and vendor management.
- Experience in life sciences industry.
- At least 1 year of experience with Azure or AWS cloud platform.
- At least 1 year experience administrating VMWare vCenter, ESXi 6.x/7.x
- Familiar with storage configurations: iSCSI, SAN, NFS and VSAN.
- Working knowledge of network routing, switching, TCPIP.
- Experience installing, configuring and managing physical and virtual servers.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server.
- Professional certifications (ITIL foundation / practitioner).
- Familiarity with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework), Agile, Kanban, Lean, or similar framework.
- Experience managing Azure VMWare Solution (AVS).
- Exposure to DevOps, CI/CD pipeline, and automated testing (e.g., GitHub, Puppet, Jenkins, Artifactory, Jira, bitbucket, Bamboo).
- Familiarity with scripting and automation tools (e.g., Bash, Python, PowerShell, Terraform, Ansible,).
- Working knowledge of CI/CD process and working on scripts to support migration to cloud platform.
We commit to an inclusive recruitment process and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.
At Novo Nordisk we recognize that it is no longer good enough to aspire to be the best company in the world. We need to aspire to be the best company for the world and we know that this is only possible with talented employees with diverse perspectives, backgrounds and cultures. We are therefore committed to creating an inclusive culture that celebrates the diversity of our employees, the patients we serve and communities we operate in. Together, we’re life changing.
Novo Nordisk is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal laws, rules or regulations.
If you are interested in applying to Novo Nordisk and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply, please call us at 1-855-411-5290. This contact is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
About the Company: