Data Architect - Commercial Aesthetics
Come to work each day with an inclusive and collaborative business technology team. As a Data Architect - Commercial Aesthetics in AbbVie Business Technology Solutions (BTS), you’ll have opportunities to contribute to the modernization of data ecosystem of a leading biopharma company, helping to create solutions that impact patients and their communities for the better.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Architecture consulting and architecture leadership for the Aesthetics Data domain for both in-house and 3rd party developed solutions.
- Create documentation and visual representation of end-to-end data architecture.
- Ability to create architecture and design recommendations while leading working sessions with multiple stakeholders who may have conflicting requirements.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with business leaders, domain directors, key stakeholders, BRMs to define strategies that maximize business value.
- Partner with the enterprise architecture team to ensure solutions align with the overall direction for Business Technology Solution (BTS).
- Investigate new and emerging technologies; perform feasibility studies; design and implement prototypes for early / usability testing and participate in technology forums and collaborations.
- Contribute innovative ideas and perspectives to develop new solutions and platforms by understanding the business processes and challenges that impact on the business partners.
- Drive continuous improvement of the Aesthetics data ecosystem towards optimizing technology investments.
- Contribute to business strategy and technology roadmaps and drive Phase Zero initiatives from a technology and solution perspective.
- Understand current regulations and keep up to date with these changes towards driving effective IT solutions and strategy for IT solutions.
- Partner with Compliance Teams around adherence to compliance strategies based on applicable corporate and domain wide policies and procedures.
- Interface with Enterprise Infrastructure teams establishing guiding principles and infrastructure optimization approaches for On-Prem, Cloud and SaaS environments.
Tools and skills you will use in this role:
- Deep understanding of the following technologies and concepts: Data Lakes, Relational and Non-Relational Databases, Data Engineering / ETL, Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence, Deep Learning, Natural Language Processing, business-driven Data exploration.
- Requires extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of Data Architecture skills including Data Modeling, Data Engineering, and Data Visualization.
- Data Warehousing tools including Snowflake and AWS RedShift.
- SQL, Java, Python, and Apache Spark
- Highly autonomous and productive in performing activities, requiring only minimal direction from or interaction with supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8 years’ experience; Master’s Degree with 7 years’ experience; PhD with 3 years’ experience.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Warehouse (DW) and Analytics; experience will include one or more of the following: Data Information Analyst, Systems Analyst, Data Architect, Analytics / Reporting Architect.
- 5+ years of experience with SQL and Snowflake.
- Solid understanding of impacting, emerging, and vendor trends in the BI / DW / Analytics space.
- In-depth knowledge of system development lifecycle, Agile Scrum methodologies, and modern engineering practices.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the pharmaceutical business and utilize this knowledge in the rapid advancement of agile, impactful, and cost-effective solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytical skills, understanding of technology, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and IT management and staff.
- Experience with Life Sciences Pharmaceutical Commercial and Sales Operations, including insights into Sales.
- 5+ years of IT Consultancy experience in leading Data Architecture.
- Knowledge of Java, Python, Apache Spark, and AWS Redshift.
If you believe you’re a great fit for this job but don’t have all of the experiences listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway!
Why Business Technology Solutions
For anyone who wants to use technology and data to make a difference in people’s lives, shape the digital transformation of a leading biopharmaceutical company, and secure sustainable career growth within a diverse, global team: we’re ready for you.
Applicable only to applicants applying to a position in any location with pay disclosure requirements under state or local law:
The compensation range described below is the range of possible base pay compensation that the Company believes in good faith it will pay for this role at the time of this posting based on the job grade for this position. Individual compensation paid within this range will depend on many factors including geographic location, and we may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer a comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off. (vacation, holidays, sick), medical/dental/vision insurance and 401(k) to eligible employees
This job is eligible to participate in our short-term incentive programs.
This job is eligible to participate in our long-term incentive programs.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, incentive, benefits, or any other form of compensation and benefits that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole and absolute discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company’s sole and absolute discretion, consistent with applicable law.
AbbVie is committed to operating with integrity, driving innovation, transforming lives, serving our community, and embracing diversity and inclusion. It is AbbVie’s policy to employ qualified persons of the greatest ability without discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, status as a protected veteran, or any other legally protected group status.
About the Company: