Solution Design Lead, Consultant
The Data Solution team is responsible for technical design and end-to-end delivery of complex data-driven solutions and data products for the enterprise. The Solution Design Lead will report to the Sr Manager, Data Solutions . In this role you will be partnering with Enterprise Architects, Portfolio, Analytics and Data engineering teams for designing technical solutions and building data products to meet enterprise data needs. You will be responsible for driving the data product by designing and implementing cloud data lakes, data warehouse and data mart solutions. If you have a passion for innovation with a data driven mindset and can-do attitude, we are looking for you.
In this role, you will:
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in designing and implementing data-related products and solutions within the organization
- Lead the review and design for new data products, maintain product documentation including technical design specifications and release notes
- Work closely with data engineers and data analyst teams, utilizing agile methodologies to plan and prioritize product backlog.
- Work collaboratively to drive adoption and enforcement of technical standards, design principles, best practices, guidelines ensuring compliance and integrity of data product
- Partner with Portfolios to enable, architect, implement and define the technical requirements, principles and models that guide data solution decisions for on-prem, cloud and hybrid ecosystem
- Design end to end robust, scalable, real time data pipelines and data platform architecture that will support the analytical and reporting needs of the entire organization.
- Build strong relationships and drive alignment on difficult topics. Effectively work across team boundaries to implement data architecture and data management best practices
- Provide comprehensive analytical thinking to ensure time to market, cost impact and value are properly understood, estimated, and controlled across people, process, and technology.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of data product, identify areas of improvement or optimization to enhance the data product and its features
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather their data-related needs, translate them into technical stories, prioritize features and enhancements, create product roadmaps considering business objectives
Your Knowledge and Experience
- Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Requires at least 10 years of prior relevant experience
- Strong understanding of data management practices, data modelling (data vault 2.0), master data management, data integration, data architecture, data virtualization, data warehousing, data privacy and security.
- Hands on experience with SQL, Python, Informatica PowerCenter/IICS, Collibra, Reltio Master Data Management, DBT Cloud, DBT core, Denodo, Synapse and Golden Gate replication
- Prior experience in data product management is highly desirable. This includes skills with creating roadmaps, converting business requirements to technical stories, feature prioritization and working collaboratively across cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in SQL and Python is a must. Strong background with ETL, ETL data pipeline development is required.
- Excellent Communication skills for engaging with stakeholders, facilitating discussions, and conveying complex technical concepts. Ability to lead and influence stakeholders while maintaining data quality standards and delivering a high-quality data product is desired
- Experience in designing solutions for large data warehouses with a good understanding of cluster and parallel architecture. Expert in one or more of NoSQL and database appliances and platforms (Snowflake, Synapse, Databricks)
- Azure or Snowflake Cloud Certification is a plus
- Adept in agile methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban, is required for managing product backlog, sprint planning and facilitating agile development.
The pay range for this role is: $ 118800.00 to $ 178200.00 for California
Please note that this range represents the pay range for this and many other positions at Blue Shield that fall into this pay grade. Blue Shield salaries are based on a variety of factors, including the candidate's experience, location (California, Bay area, or outside California), and current employee salaries for similar roles.
About the Company:
Blue Shield of California