Sr Data Solution Architect
Job Title: Sr. Data Solution Architect
Job Location: Hershey, PA
This position is open to a 100% remote.
Summary: Briefly state the primary purpose of the job.
The Enterprise Data organization drives value for Hershey by providing high-quality, well governed data to the Enterprise for analytics and decision-making.
This position will be reporting to the Sr Manager, Data Architecture and will be part of an agile execution team, working with Hershey business partners, data scientists, technical engineers, and project managers to define, manage and optimize cloud infrastructure strategy to support a variety of initiatives.
Working within the Commercial Data Store team, the Sr Data Solution Architect will participate in cloud data solutions including: building/configuring infrastructure, production releases, platform upgrades and troubleshooting activities, ensuring technical solutions meet the quality, security, platform enhancements and compliance requirements on Databricks, Azure & Snowflake solutions.
The Sr Data Solution Architect will also work with the data architecture and data governance leaders to ensure consistency and compliance of deliverables to frameworks and governance processes. The ideal candidate will also collaborate with the Cloud Center of Excellence Team, and participate in the advancement of best practices, adoption, automation, and orchestration.
Summary of major duties:
Design, deploy, maintain, secure, and monitor cloud data infrastructure & solutions:
Ensure Governance for cloud solutions:
Propose suggestions and best practices to optimize cloud presence, performance, security, and cost.
Participate in production releases and cloud resources upgrades and troubleshooting activities:
Collaborate with internal/external partners cross-platform cloud solutions:
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the design of efficient and secure cloud data architectures with an understanding of both business and technical requirements. Focus to maintain balance between technology and execution efficiency.
- Collaborate on the design, deploy, and maintain cloud data projects/infrastructure resources via automated CI/CD pipelines and tooling in the cloud environment.
- Maintain day-to-day health of cloud data solutions, taking steps to ensure its productivity and optimization.
- Participate in production releases and cloud resource upgrades, troubleshooting activities.
- Work with Data Engineering and Data Scientist teams to understand the requirements and implement data solutions.
- Responsible for the evaluation of technical risks and map out mitigation strategies.
- Provide oversight, demonstrating a strong understanding of Cloud services, DevOps/ DevSecOps toolsets and platforms including compute, storage, networking (Subnets, CIDR, Subnet Groups), security, Kubernetes, service mesh, CI/CD as well as monitoring and logging technologies.
- Establish cloud computing templates and implementation guidance for applications that leverage IaaS and PaaS solutions to meet business use cases.
- Responsible for onboarding and integration of data from external and internal data sources through cloud shares, API management, sftp processes and others.
- Enforce security baselines and standards for resources including Network access, private endpoints, data specific access control lists and configuration within the Azure environment.
- Work with infrastructure and security teams with their digital transformation goals and provide the cloud configuration expertise.
- Execute and implement all aspects of a cloud data migration initiative, including its impact on infrastructure, networks, and security for data projects.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Experience in cloud and hybrid cloud infrastructure
- Working knowledge of agile frameworks
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and produce quality results under pressure.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong team player, change agent, and advocate.
- Excellent customer service skills
- High energy self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Nice to Have
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center (firstname.lastname@example.org).
About the Company:
The Hershey Company