IT Data Architect
IT Data Architect
Job ID: 2023-3487
Type: Exempt Full-Time
# of Openings: 1
Category: Information Technology
Work From Home
GreenState’s Information Technology department adheres to the corporate values and acts as a business partner who understands the needs of the business, enables business units to meet strategic objectives through technology, and provides employees and members with quality technology platforms that are always available, always relevant, and always scalable.
The Data Architect will be responsible for providing technical and analytical work in implementing, supporting, and monitoring department and enterprise data warehouse and ETL processes. This role requires strong knowledge of programming, scripting, stored procedures, and SQL queries as well as a deep understanding of modeling and dataflow for enterprise data deployment and consumption. General duties include gathering and interpreting business requirements, developing database and ETL processes, working closely with the DBA to provide database support for the organization, working closely with the development team for application dataflow solutions and staying up to date on best practices and applications.
At GreenState, we exist to create lasting value for those we serve. We do this by putting immense value into our employees, members, and communities. We empower our employees to create endless opportunities, which will then impact the lives of our members and enhance the vitality of our communities.
Pay range for this salary position is $119,078.70 - $139,216.74/YR with a progressive benefit package.
This position has the ability to work remote within Iowa, Illinois, and surrounding states.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed, and are subject to change:
1. Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
2. Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times.
3. Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
4. Ensures confidentiality of member information.
5. Supports a diverse and inclusive work environment.
6. Identify Credit Union needs to create and administer databases and schema.
7. Provide recommendations and take appropriate actions in support of aligning data models between data sources including, deduplication, deprecation, merging, migration, etc.
8. Effectively communicates requirements and design considerations to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
9. Support end-to-end data validation activities. E.g. source to warehouse, warehouse to presentation layer/CRM, etc.
10. Ensure databases/schema and ETL processes operate efficiently and without error.
11. Make and test modifications to the database/schema structure and ETL processes as needed.
12. Import and Export data from and to SQL databases and files.
13. Works closely with DBA to communicate needs and timelines, permission requirements, establish retention schedules, backup and restoration points, and monitor ongoing performance and troubleshoot issues.
14. Provide technical support and expertise for the data warehouse on critical and complex source systems
15. Maintain excellent communication/presentation skills with the Credit Union team and the rest of the organization.
16. Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or credit union sponsored events, on an annual basis.
1. B.A. or B.S. degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or other, related, analytical fields (MS a plus)
2. Must have 2+ years of work experience in object-oriented programming and principles, best practices, and techniques used in implementing complex databases, and the .Net framework.
3. Proficiency in code versioning tools.
4. Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSMS, Visual Studio, and Teams. Power BI experience a plus.
5. Experience with both on-premises and cloud ETL/ELT management.
6. Experience with modeling geared toward CRM structure. Familiarity with Salesforce data models, including Financial Services Cloud, preferred.
7. Proficient in OTLP, OLAP, and Data Warehouse database design
8. Experience with Database Monitoring, Troubleshooting, and Performance tuning
9. Agile/Scrum exposure a plus
10. Strong analytical approach to business process design and cross-functional dependencies
11. Strong attention to detail
12. Ability to take initiative and solve problems independently
13. Strong follow through, verbal and written communication skills a must
14. High learning agility.
15. Experience and knowledge of the financial services industry is strongly preferred. Jack Henry Symitar/Episys experience a plus.
16. Ability, availability and willingness to work flexible hours to accomplish workload. During periods of peak demand, job will require a non-traditional workweek with extra hours including evening and/or weekend duties.
17. Interpersonal skills to diplomatically communicate with employees of all levels, and to represent the credit union in a positive way during and outside of working hours.
18. Excellent figure aptitude with accuracy and attention to detail.
19. Ability to prioritize assignments and organize work efficiently, to handle large volumes of detail.
20. Must be bondable.
This position reports to the IT Director Data Services & Development
This position is not responsible for the supervision of employees.
Equal Opportunity Employment Statement
GreenState Credit Union is an EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the credit union. #ID #LI
About the Company:
GreenState Credit Union