Oracle SQL Database Developer
Location: Dahlgren, Virginia, USA (On-base)
Telework: Hybrid (On-site 2-3 days/week)
Clearance: Secret (US Citizenship Required)
Experience: Mid-Level (Journeyman)
Number of Openings: 2
Funding Status: Funded
Salary Range: $130,000 - $150,000 (Please see below for more info on salary)
SimVentions is a 100% employee-owned business and has consistently been voted one of Virginia's Best Places to Work. We are looking for an experienced Oracle Database Developer to join a seasoned DBA team, in a hybrid work environment, who are responsible for facilitating data loads and movement, maintaining data integrity and supporting tool development from development to production. This position will require extensive knowledge of Oracle and SQL. Must live within commuting distance to Dahlgren, Va. and be on-base multiple days a week.
- Work to establish, monitor, and troubleshoot inbound/outbound interfaces to EDW to/from multiple Navy and DOD systems
- Interface directly with the government customers daily
- Work with the customer on creating and refining requirements
- Write technical documentation related to processing incoming files and producing outgoing file extracts
- Design and build underlying DB objects to meet customer requirements based on functional specs provided. Which may include DB Trigger, Functions, Procedure and Packages
- Safeguard PII and work in a secure environment
- Rapidly troubleshoot and address issues with incoming data or problems that occur within the load process
Required Skills & Experience:
- Active Oracle Certification
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Oracle scripting, data management, and application development
- Experience managing DOD/USNavy databases
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience refining requirements
- Performance Tuning
- Proficiency with SQL & PL/SQL
- Proficiency with Unix or Linux shell scripting
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Writing Oracle load scripting using SQL, PLSQL and SQL*Loader
- Monitoring scheduled jobs and reading oracle logs
- Scheduling jobs for execution and monitoring them for successful completion
- Writing scripts to manipulate incoming files and prep them for loading
- Writing scripts to manipulate outgoing files and send them to customers
Education: A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Data Science, or other STEM subjects.
Clearance: A Secret Clearance is required for this position. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. US Citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
Benefits & Compensation: At SimVentions, we’re committed to supporting the total well-being of our employees and their families. Our benefit offerings include comprehensive health and welfare plans to serve a variety of needs.
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive 401(k) programs
- Retirement and Financial Counselors
- Health Savings and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life insurance, short- & long-term disability
- Continuing Education Assistance
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Paid Leave (e.g., Maternity, Paternity, Jury Duty, Bereavement, Military)
- Third Party Employee Assistance Program that offers emotional and lifestyle well-being services, to include free counseling
- Supplemental Benefit Program
Compensation at SimVentions is determined by a number of factors, including, but not limited to, the candidate’s experience, education, training, security clearance, work location, skills, knowledge, and competencies, as well as alignment with our corporate compensation plan and contract specific requirements.
The projected annual compensation range for this position is $130,000 -$150,000 (USD). This estimate reflects the standard salary range for this position and is just one component of the total compensation package that SimVentions offers.Why Work for SimVentions?
SimVentions is about more than just being a place to work with other growth-orientated technically exceptional experts. It’s also a fun place to work. Our family-friendly atmosphere encourages our employee-owners to imagine, create, explore, discover, and do great things together.
Support Our Warfighters
SimVentions is a proud supporter of the U.S. military, and we take pride in our ability to provide relevant, game-changing solutions to our armed men and women around the world.
Drive Customer Success
We deliver innovative products and solutions that go beyond the expected. This means you can expect to work with a team that will allow you to grow, have a voice, and make an impact.
Get Involved in Giving Back
We believe that one of the best ways to be a well-rounded company is to have well-rounded employees, and one of the ways we encourage that is by providing a wide range of service opportunities for our team members to engage in throughout the year.
Build Innovative Technology
SimVentions takes pride in its innovative and cutting-edge technology, so you can be sure that whatever project you work on, you will be having a direct impact on our customer’s success.
Work with Brilliant People
At SimVentions, we don’t just hire the smartest people. We hire experienced, creative individuals who are passionate about what they do, and who benefit from the culture that we have created here.
Create Meaningful Solutions
We are trusted partners with our customers and are provided challenging and meaningful requirements to help them solve.
Employees who join SimVentions will enjoy benefits like:
- Impact: work on projects that directly support the defense of our nation.
- Serve: work for a company that supports its surrounding communities.
- Employee Owned: work with the best and help build YOUR company.
- Dress code: business casual. We like to be comfortable while we work.
- Healthcare: one of the best packages in the industry.
- Culture: add to our culture of technical excellence and collaboration.
- Food: we have a lot of food around here.
- Family focus: work for a team that recognizes the importance of family time.
- Resources: excellent facilities, tools, and training opportunities to grow in your field.
- Open communication: work in an environment where your voice matters.
- Fitness/Well-being: opportunities to participate in company sports teams and workout groups.
- Professional development: employee-led interest groups for personal and professional development plus great training options
- What you bring to the table: contribute, grow, and thrive.
- Lots of employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Excellent working facilities and tools to get your job done
- Regular communication (“All-Hands”, “SimV Share”, “Imagineering Day”) to stay connected to SimV culture, stay abreast of what is happening in the company, and meet new faces while eating good food
- SimVentions sports teams and workout groups
- Employee led interest groups for personal and professional development
- What you bring to the table…
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)-
About the Company:
SimVentions, Inc - Glassdoor ✪ 4.6