The Data Architect supports the company’s efforts to design, implement, maintain, and continuously improve a global data warehouse. In this role you would develop data solutions for complex analytic efforts and maintain data integrity and ensures continued quality and completeness of data stores.
What you will do in this job:
- Assist in planning, scoping, implementation and documentation of table and schema structures and associated ETL processes.
- Assist in design, documentation, and implementation of data stewardship/governance standards. Adhere to standards and collaborate in upkeep of documentation.
- Maintain project timelines, record and report milestones with necessary documentation.
- Identify and mitigate gaps and redundancies in data access/reporting needs; ensure accuracy and integrity maintained throughout
- Coordinate with Business Intelligence team to support reporting needs and migration of data sources as required; source new data according to standards as new requirements are identified.
- Collaborate with various business units to understand critical needs and ensure necessary functionality is maintained or improved. Develop a level of subject matter expertise with each new data asset being loaded.
- Assist in developing and prioritizing technology strategies and roadmaps. Participate in Caterpillar and Dealer organized groups to determine and prioritize system enhancements. Ensure Caterpillar data service requirements are maintained.
- Identify/consult/research/recommend opportunities for analysis enhancements and associated technology improvements, to include predictive analytics and forecasting as well as opportunitiesfor AI usage.
- Represent data team efforts in meetings related to new business systems or modification of existing systems when relevant data is in scope.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with team members and management. Maintain strong working relationships with vendors, contractors, and business unit leaders.
- In cooperation with other data team members, assist with the development, and implementation of ETL processes.
Our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience in data warehouse management, design, or similiar role(s) utilizing modern design principles.
- Experience in data mining/definition/sourcing requirements, including connectivity/ETL methodology.
- Excellent communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Effective questioning and investigative skills to ensure business needs are adequately understood and scoped.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret IT-related materials and learn new technology and systems.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
What will put you ahead:
- Extensive experience in Azure services
- Familiarity with AS400 connectivity
- Previous experience with the construction business
What we can offer you:
- Competitive pay to recognize your valuable contribution
- 401(k) with matching
- Full insurance benefits starting day one of employment for full-time employees
- Holiday, PTO, and Parental Leave, promoting work-life balance and personal growth
About Foley Equipment:
Foley Industries – Foley Equipment, Foley Power Solutions, Foley Rental, and SITECH Central – proudly stands at the forefront of progress, serving customers in Kansas and Western Missouri for over nine decades. With a dedicated team of over 1,000 employees, we are committed to delivering exceptional service, top-quality parts and rentals, and unparalleled sales support across a comprehensive range of Caterpillar and allied construction equipment, power generation solutions, and cutting-edge SITECH construction technology. As we continue to empower our customers' success, we invite you to explore the endless opportunities that await you at Foley. To learn more about our company and join our team of industry leaders, please visit www.FoleyEq.com.
Foley Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Race/Gender/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). To request a reasonable accommodation or assistance in completing the application, call 316-943-4211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*At this time, Foley does not participate in any Visa sponsorship programs.
About the Company: