Principal Category Management Analyst
** While the position is Remote, work from home, you must reside in North Carolina or one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
Contract Duration: 6 + Months
Required Skills Experience
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree (where required). In lieu of degree, 10+ years of experience in related field
- 8+ years of experience in related field
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and experience in the development, negotiation, and implementation of contracts pricing agreements
- Strong analytical ability and comfort dealing with large amounts of financial data
- Demonstrated Business and financial acumen
- Experience in executing strategic competitive bids with a track record of delivering cost efficiencies and driving a culture of affordability across diverse portfolio of enterprise sourcing activities
- Experience managing and working through tough situations specific to sourcing and contracting processes
- Ability to perform work without appreciable direction and exercise considerable independence in determining objectives and approaches; may direct the work of others and/or act as leader of cross-functional teams
- In-depth knowledge of contractual documents and requirements, risk control programs and business services sourcing and best practice
- Build roadmaps and engage with Executives on sourcing strategies for critical business outcomes.
- Ability to build sustainable critical relationships with Executive Leadership supporting significant transformation.
- Utilize a network of recognized market specialists to uncover critical intelligence and exposure to leading-edge research data and trends.
- Ability to build short to medium term contracting strategies and realized maximum value while mitigating key risk.
- Certified Sourcing Professional (CSP) or other Sourcing Certification
What You Will Be Doing
The Principal Strategic Sourcing Advisor is responsible for driving supplier sourcing business strategies that optimize Company performance and savings. They work with senior leaders and other company strategists to identify opportunities for savings, and/or transformation of capabilities and develop the roadmap for executing on the strategy in the assigned categories.
- Implement enterprise sourcing strategy and drive millions in annual savings to meet established targets
- Understand enterprise business needs and act as authoritative voice to the suppliers regarding business needs, requirements, expectations, and direction
- Lead and coordinate roadmap discussions and engagement with executives to establish the sourcing strategy for critical business capabilities
- Understand, analyze, and forecast complex market and industry dynamics and share subject matter expertise and industry knowledge within the strategic portfolio of products and services.
- Conduct complex enterprise sourcing events with strategic suppliers, including development of project work plan, category profile, category strategy, minimum requirements and evaluation criteria, solicitation
- Find solutions, build proposals, and execute sourcing events to meet business requirements, striking a balance between supply continuity, cost, and delivery
- Develop and implement assorted bid documents and requests (i.e. RFP, RFI, RFQ); Manage status reporting and performance metrics of sourcing activities for strategic vendors.
- Partner with stakeholders to source products and services using proven tools, processes, and analytics to drive and achieve business results.
- Evaluate analyses of sourcing results from a total cost of ownership perspective and provide optimization recommendation
- Participate in cross-functional teams responsible for complex vendor negotiations, including those that require specialized subject matter expertise, nonstandard risk mitigation solutions, and coordination of multiple arrangements.
- Lead supplier relationship management and performance for the largest and most complex suppliers in the Enterprise from both an operational and risk management perspective
- Proactively establish and foster successful, positive working relationships with vendor personnel. Drive vendor engagement through formal and informal transactions.
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance - Four medical plans to choose from for you and your family
- Dental Orthodontia Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Life Insurance, Long-Term Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- 401(k) including match with pre and post-tax options
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Legal and Identity Protection Plans
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
- 529 College Saver Plan
Motion Recruitment Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets. All applicants must be currently authorized to work on a full-time basis in the country for which they are applying, and no sponsorship is currently available. Employment is subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Motion Recruitment Employment Accommodation policy. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.