Senior RPG Software Engineer
Position Type :Full time
Type Of Hire :Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :0%
About the role:
As a RPG Software Engineer you could work with bleeding edge technology as you build innovative fintech products that change the way the world pays, banks and invests. This will involve developing core versions of software applications, identifying client requirements and technical specifications, interacting with engineering groups and training clients on applications.
What you will be doing:
- Designing, programming, debugging and modifying RPG software enhancements.
- Code programs using all forms of RPGLE including free form and embedded SQL RPGLE, CLLE, DDL and DDS.
- Interacting with product managers and users to define requirements and modifications.
- Participating in software design meetings to determine technical requirements.
- Working with internal Client Training, Client Relationship and Sales teams.
What you will need:
- Knowledge of ISO 8583 interchange message specification or Payment Processing experience
- EFT simulator tool experience
- Knowledge of financial industry practices, regulations and operations.
- Fluency in sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines.
- A bachelor’s in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or equivalent experience.
Added bonus if you have:
What we offer you:
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It’s the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
- A voice in the future of fintech
- Always-on learning and development
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to give back
- Competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.