System Design/Architecture - Multi-Focus P2 (ATSO)
Astronics Test Systems is looking for a System Design/Architecture - Multi-Focus Application Engineer to join the Communications Test Systems team. The CTS team is responsible for developing software and hardware solutions to perform functional and diagnostic testing of various communication electronic assemblies (Unit Under Test, or UUT) which are critical for supporting our servicemen and women. This position will involve understanding and capturing customer requirements, defining test scenarios which will verify the performance and parametric data of tactical communication equipment, and developing new test applications to validate the requirements, both RF and digital, resulting in the end user’s ability to determine if the UUT meets minimal service requirements or should be removed from service for repair and restoration.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with performing analysis on technical OEM documentation, schematics, and UUT behavior to understand the functionality of the UUT and to determine test requirements. In the absence of documentation, the Applications Engineer must use Engineering know-how to determine test requirements.
- Assist with designing physical interface connections requiring documented generation of an electrical schematic or wire list and bill of material to connect the UUT input/output (I/O) to the Astronics test station I/O.
- Implement test requirements by configuring Test System instrumentation and UUT settings, applying input signals to the UUT and in turn verifying the corresponding expected outputs.
- Develop software to implement test requirements by using Astronics object-oriented APIs to apply stimulus to and measure outputs from the UUT.
- Perform troubleshooting procedures as required to determine failure conditions during development and reported by end users.
- Usage of Life Cycle DevOps.
- Use of revision control software for all source and document data.
- Perform software validation and verification testing.
- Travel and customer interface may be required.
- When needed, the ability to work independently to meet project goals, or to work with the group to ensure best practices are used.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understanding of application principles, theories, concepts, practices, and standards relating to modern software-defined architectures, including object-oriented design.
- Experience with software development in C# required.
- Fluent in and ability to demonstrate Object Oriented Design practices.
- Show the ability to perform analytical reasoning and problem solving with knowledge in performing root cause analysis and recommending correct action to resolve test failures.
- Experience with using communication and/or bench test equipment to include but not limited to oscilloscopes, multimeters and signal generators.
- Basic knowledge of RF systems and measurements.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in tactical/airborne radio logistics is a benefit
- Position is not a remote position.
- Must be a US person.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering (BSEE or BSCE) with emphasis in Computer Science is preferred.
Minimum 3+ years’ experience or equivalent background.
Experience with software development languages, such as C, C++, and C #.
Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Notice of Affirmative Action Plan for Individuals with Disabilities and for Veterans of the Vietnam Era
It is policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified personnel at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and veterans of the Vietnam Era.
The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Program is to place qualified individuals with disabilities and Vietnam Era veterans in all job classifications. This Affirmative Action Program is available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.
If you need an accommodation to apply, please contact Pam Jacobs at (407) 381-6062 for assistance.
This position may require knowledge of SOX / 404 internal audit controls and related documentation.
We promote a drug free environment and conduct pre-employment testing.