Sr. Software Engineer
$120,000 - $150,000 / Year
Junior, Mid, Senior level
Why work here?
A bit about us:
Our focus is to provide loan products to customers with limited access to credit from traditional lenders. We seek to provide attractive, easy-to-understand loan products that fit within our customers’ budgets. Our one-on-one service from dedicated local employees ensures our customers get the right personal loan for their needs.
Why join us?
We offer a variety of incredible benefits, including but not limited to a comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plan, 401(k) plans with matching company contributions, PTO and paid holidays, paid parental leave and an employee assistance program for mental health and counseling.
We are technology agnostic and are primarily looking for strong programmers. While we currently work in a mostly Microsoft tech stack (.Net), we are expanding our use of open source and are currently developing digital assets using python and django. In addition, we are building out an automated CI/CD pipeline to improve our abilities to automated testing and ship code to production more efficiently. Last but not least, you are excited about system design as we are in the process of refactoring our code to move to a service based architecture.
Duties and responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities
- Determine operational feasibility of solutions by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development by partnering with
- Architects services and systems using well accepted design patterns to allow for iterative, autonomous development and future scaling.
- Anticipates future use cases and makes design decisions that minimize the cost of future changes.
- Proficient at using systematic debugging to diagnose all issues located to a single service.
- Uses systematic debugging to diagnose cross service issues, sometimes with help from more senior engineers.
- Work closely with digital product managers and testers to write, test and deploy code safely into production as frequently as necessary.
- Work closely with infrastructure and devops to build a robust CI/CD pipeline and continuously improve our development and automated testing
- Work closely with security team, to refine the team's approach to security based on the organization's security strategy. Fosters a security first
- Reviews epics and projects critically and ensures they’re appropriately broken down and prioritized, and well understood by the team.
- Lead the system design process to document and demonstrate solutions by using flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, and potentially building
- Ensures dependencies are noted and well understood by the team, at both the task and epic level. Works within their team to foster a culture of
- Effectively handles risk, change, and uncertainty within their team. Decides and acts responsibly in their work with their team without having the
- Anticipates and communicates blockers, delays, and cost ballooning within their team’s projects, before they require escalation. Ensures
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in
- Continuously improve development practices by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues
- Mentor, support and develop junior and mid-level software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities
- Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring
- Be a persistent, creative problem solver
- Remain cool and effective in a crisis
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices
- Passionate about great technologies, especially open source
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 12+ years of software lifecycle development experience
- Contribute to an API toolkit being built with the Django REST framework
- Strong experiences with CI/CD frameworks and processes
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with mission critical, 24x7 systems
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code
- Fluent with functional, imperative and object-oriented languages
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. SQL, Oracle, PostGreSQL)
- Knack for writing clean, readable code
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools like GitHub, Bit Bucket, etc.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiarity with applications running in AWS
- Familiarity with continuous integration, continuous deployment using tools like GitHub Actions, Gitlab CI, Octopus, etc
- Familiarity with Kubernetes and EKS
- Familiarity with Cypress for Automation testing.
- Must pass drug screen and other pre-employment screenings
22 days ago
Last updated 22 days ago