Who We Are
Alene Candles LLC Midwest is a private label, contract manufacturer that produces high-quality candles for some of the world’s most recognized retail, boutique, and cosmetic brands. With our headquarters in New Hampshire and locations in Ohio and New York, we’ve been in business for over 25 years. We are passionate about making the best products in the world, making safety our number one priority, and being an insanely great place to work. We were proudly named Best Company to Work For in 2020 and 2021 and Business of the Year in 2023.
We are seeking an Application Developer at Alene Candles. Come join a rapidly growing organization and become a valued member of the business transformation team. You will be on the ground floor of emerging technologies (including AI) and learn from staff with years of experience. You will have the chance to work with all aspects and levels of the organization within your daily duties and special projects.
We are located at 51 Scarborough Lane, Milford, NH. This is an onsite position. There is a possibility for a hybrid schedule after training is complete.
Additional Job Details
- Programs, tests, debugs, documents and installs modified and new programs using coding methods and change control for programming language-agnostic platforms.
- Migrates existing platform to forward-thinking platform, retaining existing functionality and enabling future capabilities.
- Monitors production programs for expected performance and acts to correct problems encountered during systems operations within given authority level.
- Interview SMEs and gather requirements to meet programming assignment goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of computer operating procedures and operating standards and produces procedural documentation as required.
- Understand and communicate technical syntax, explain technical concepts in non-technical terms to clients and staff, read and understand business flow procedures and technical requirements.
- Adhere to department standards and maintain those standards throughout the company, work with end users to understand complex issues.
- Ability to learn new software and hardware, adapt to changes in technology, ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with all those involved.
- Participate in code review sessions of pre-existing and new programming.
- Excellent organizational, time management and customer service skills.
- Must be available for scheduled occasional night and weekend work and be available for emergency technical support after hours (rare).
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Business Applications Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent. Will consider a combination of experience and education.
- 2+ years of experience as a computer programmer.
- Must be have demonstrable experience in:
- 1. Data processing system design methods, techniques, and standards.
- 2. Strong knowledge of (or strong ability to perform tasks involving):
- o Learn new technologies/programming languages towards a forward-thinking platform.
- o .NET Framework Managed Code
- o SQL – TSQL/PLSQL (Transactional SQL) and database fundamentals
- o Microsoft Office Suite and VBA
- o Interface computer, printer, or network hardware with application and SQL data security policies and permissions
- o Knowledge of Git, including branches and stashes
- Experience working in a manufacturing operation.
- Learn new technologies and programming/scripting languages towards a forward-thinking platform.
- Data analysis tools and Business Intelligence platforms.
Alene offers a host of competitive benefits for full-time employees, some of which include: Medical, Dental, and Vision with a Healthcare Reimbursement Account, 401(k) with company match, Basic Life Insurance (100% company paid), Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement and “Alene Gives Back” – our paid volunteer program.
Alene Candles provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Should you require assistance completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 603-673-5050 and ask to speak to Human Resources. We will make every effort to accommodate your needs in a reasonable amount of time.