Engineer Field Software
Through development of advanced technology, our mission at Opus IVS is to assist customers with complex vehicle repair to drive advancement of the automotive industry. We strive to fulfill our mission through innovation, integrity, and best in class customer service.
Opus IVS technology products has been a leader in the industry since the late 90’s. We eliminate the uncertainty of repairing complex vehicle systems with our OE (original equipment manufacturer) level tools and brand-specific support technicians who are OE trained and certified. Our variety of products and services are used in over 50,000 facilities around the world.
At Opus IVS, we offer our employees a host of additional compensation and benefits, including but not limited to college tuition reimbursement, flexible work option (where applicable), competitive 401K match, commission/bonuses, referral bonuses, and career advancement opportunities.
We are seeking a dynamic, self-driven, yet team-oriented Field Software Engineer skilled in Windows-based C/C++ programming. This position will develop code for an established vehicular communications product which supports various OPUS IVS products solutions. At the direction of the VP of Global Diagnostics, you will work closely with highly skilled team members as well as other department leaders.
- Developing and validating vehicular communications (CAN-bus) on-car or in the field
- Read and develop tools to process licensed data stream from the vehicle manufacturer
- Participate in code reviews to maintain quality and promote team unity
- Provide detailed effort estimations when necessary
- Regularly update status of assigned tasks (TFS/JIRA/Confluence)
- Participate in an Agile development methodology to support many projects and teams
- Create and maintain documentation for existing and new implementations
- Develop to a coding standard
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a three (3) years of C/C++ experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Strong experience knowledge in the following program languages, tools, and framework: Visual Basic, C/C++, and Windows MFC
- Experience using protocol analyzer or bus analyzer
- Experience and strong understanding of object-oriented programming and software development
- Experience in Windows MFC or API and PC based software development
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work individually in the field on vehicles
- Team player
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Pay: We know your value and we’re not afraid to pay for it. We offer a competitive total compensation plan including salary, bonuses, and a match contribution to your 401k.
- Time Off: Besides our competitive paid time off package, employees receive paid holidays and nine floating holidays annually.
- Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including all the necessities such as medical, dental, and vision as well as tuition reimbursement.
- Opportunity: to be a part of a fast-growing company working to make the world safer!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.