Data Governance Specialist
LyondellBasell has fully committed to achieving its vision as “The Chemical Company of the Future” and an industry leader in the areas of Sustainability and Customer Experience. The Digital Enterprise that will act as the foundation for enabling this vision will be built upon three pillars: A modern and extensible technology architecture, an ERP backbone that supports new business models, and a team of talented technologists that are empowered to build innovative solutions and digital products.
At the intersection of these pillars, the Data Analytics Center of Excellence is building the data foundation and a catalog of data products, analytical applications, and enterprise services that give users across our company the tools, data, and guidance to generate insights.
The Data Governance Specialist role would be responsible for ensuring that the analytical data collection, storage, and analysis practices follow the organization's data governance policies and comply with relevant laws and regulations. Help build and mature the integrity, taxonomy, governance, and underlying processes that shape most critical enterprise data assets and building data-driven products, establish and maintain data steward program, build communities of practice for data products.
- Creating and maintaining data governance model that ensures the analytical data is secure and accessible when needed.
- Establish data governance metrics and KPIs, periodically report metrics to DA leadership and business stakeholders.
- Work closely with Master Data Governance Team for alignment on different business domains.
- Building relationships with analytical data stakeholders and leaders to understand their data challenges while promoting and communicating the value of data governance.
- Promote and maintain data stewardship program globally.
- Designing and/or conducting training on data management best practices to ensure the organization is aware of proper procedures for handling sensitive data.
- Establish with stakeholders a value-based approach for identifying and prioritizing data governance focus.
- Working with key stakeholders to define add approved definitions such as business glossary, technical metadata.
- Building a network of data stewards and promoting the adoption of all Data Governance standards
- Contributing to the ongoing maintenance and periodic review of data governance policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures
- Contributing to driving meaningful measurements of data and reporting on data risks, issues, remediation activities and performance
- Help maintain and configure data catalog features.
- Ensuring development of new data products are in alignment with data architecture and security principles and target state
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or a related discipline is preferred.
- At least 10+ years’ experience working in data related fields.
- 5+ years working in Data Governance or Data Stewardship roles.
- Strong understanding of data governance principles and best practices
- Experience developing and implementing data governance frameworks, policies, and procedures.
- Familiarity with relevant laws and regulations related to data protection, such as GDPR and PII
- Hands-on experience of using one or more of the following or equivalent toolsets: Alation, Collibra, Informatica, Azure Purview
- Strong skills in communicating and providing presentations in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats.
- Experience with governing and securing data for both on-prem and cloud ecosystems.
- Certification in data governance or a related field, such as the Certified Data Governance Professional (CDGP) or Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
- Experience with data analytics and visualization tools such as Power BI
- SQL skills and ability to perform data discovery and data profiling activities
We are LyondellBasell – a leader in the global chemical industry creating solutions for everyday sustainable living. Through advanced technology and focused investments, we are enabling a circular and low carbon economy. Across all we do, we aim to champion our employees, and unlock value for customers, investors and society. LyondellBasell places high priority on diversity, equity and inclusion and is strongly committed to our planet, the communities where we operate and our future workforce. As one of the world’s largest producers of polymers and a leader in polyolefin technologies, we develop, manufacture and market high-quality and innovative products for applications ranging from sustainable transportation and food safety to clean water and quality healthcare. For more information, please visit www.lyondellbasell.com or follow @LyondellBasell on LinkedIn.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.