Principal Program Manager
$133,600 - $256,800 / Year
Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be and take their careers further. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and the sky is the limit thinking in a cloud-enabled world.
Microsoft’s Azure Data engineering team is leading the transformation of analytics in the world of data with products like databases, data integration, big data analytics, messaging real-time analytics, and business intelligence. The products our portfolio include Microsoft Fabric, Azure SQL DB, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure PostgreSQL, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Service Bus, Azure Event Grid, and Power BI. Our mission is to build the data platform for the age of AI, powering a new class of data-first applications and driving a data culture.
Within Azure Data, the big data analytics team provides a range of products that enable data engineers and data scientists to extract intelligence from all data – structured, semi-structured, and unstructured. We are in the process of integrating our disparate products into Azure Synapse Analytics with a set of experiences that are meant to simplify and accelerate time to value.
The Microsoft Fabric Customer Advisory Team (CAT) is hiring a Principal Program Manager, who has deep hands-on technical experience with big data analytics solution implementations with Apache Spark lakehouse architecture. The ideal candidate should also have insights into the business needs and expectations of our customers as they invest in BI solutions. This will enable us to secure strategic deals that leverage not only Fabric, but also other components of the Microsoft BI and data stack. This role will also involve working closely with key partners and helping them develop their skills along the way.
We do not just value differences or different perspectives. We seek them out and invite them in so we can tap into the collective power of everyone in the company. As a result, our customers are better served.
- Proactively identify customer needs, discover unmet needs and potential plans for resolution across multiple product groups.
- Help to define complex product and program strategy from customer interactions, and efficiently execute customer solutions and projects that scale to multiple/complex enterprise customers.
- Proactively create and map Microsoft solutions to customer requirements and environments, leveraging deep technical expertise within the customer industry, customer business goals, and technical capabilities to align solutions that meet customer needs.
- Collaborate with customers and/or internal stakeholders to communicate strategy and align solution implementation timeline, provide updates, and adapt plans to changing goals.
- Anticipate highly complex product/solution-related requests or issues that may arise from customers.
- Capture and communicate comprehensive product insights based on customer needs and requirements.
- Evangelize customer complexities alongside value propositions for various programs (e.g., talking at different events, team meetings, product reviews) to key internal stakeholders.
- Embody our culture and values
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Math, Business, or related field, AND 6+ years experience in engineering, product/technical program management, data analysis, or product development
- OR equivalent experience.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Engineering, Data Science, Math, Business, or related field AND 12+ years experience in engineering, product/technical program management, data analysis, or product development
- OR equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience implementing Spark 3.x or newer, preferably in a cloud environment, including design, development, deployment, troubleshooting and performance optimization.
- Familiarity with PySpark, Scala, SparkSQL
- Familiarity with big data open-source technologies and Data Science/Machine Learning is a plus
Customer Experience Program Mgmt IC5 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $133,600 - $256,800 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $173,200 - $282,200 per year.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-corporate-pay
#azdat #synapsespark #spark #fabricspark #spark
27 days ago
Last updated 27 days ago