Business Intelligence Engineer
At EF World Journeys, we believe that the best way to learn about the world is to experience it, and we strive to help as many people as possible share that experience. EF Go Ahead Tours and EF Ultimate Break are divisions of EF World Journeys and we make world travel easy. We want to empower travelers of all ages to get out there and experience something new on our guided tours. If you share this passion for opening the world, come work with us!
On the Business Intelligence Engineering team you’ll join a group of engineers, product professionals, analysts, and UX/UI designers that build the applications and systems that make travel happen. We power every step of our customer’s journey – the e-commerce experience on the web, the platforms with which personalized itineraries are created, the mobile app that enhances the travel experience, and so much more.
How You Work:
As a Business Intelligence Engineer for EF World Journeys, your primary responsibility is to deliver impactful Business Intelligence solutions while enhancing and maintaining our data models. Your role is multi-faceted, encompassing technical analysis, design, development, testing, maintenance, and user interaction, including requirements gathering and training.
Who You Are:
- You have a passion for seeing beyond the current business strategy or customer experience, to creating an underlying platform that can enable and support ongoing transformation.
- You will collaborate with the Boston and Zurich based Business Operations Analytics team to drive impactful Business Intelligence solutions.
- You enjoy working in our stack (Snowflake, MS Sql Server are required)
- You have experience designing, building and maintaining thoughtful analytics data models in Snowflake and MS sql server.
- You enjoy creating flattened usable models for key users from GA4 data and other external platforms.
- Experience in Rivery/Fivetran, MongoDB, Tableau a plus.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines (DBT experience a plus).
- You enjoy participating in the design of data models for essential reporting.
- You enjoy consulting with other Engineering personnel to perform critical analysis on source data.
- You enjoy collaborating with fellow BI Team members and Engineering Product Analysts on data designs and intended use.
- You enjoy dissecting upcoming projects into small, actionable, independently deliverable pieces.
- You enjoy learning about our business and about impactful new technologies. You champion high standards in customer experience, developer experience, and general quality metrics.
What you’ll do:
Your first week you will...
- Onboard as an EF employee and World Journeys engineer – and maybe finish up some related paperwork.
- Meet with your Manager to set up the tech, the accounts, the meetings, and the relationships you’ll need to be successful Meet your team and your Team Lead, explore our code, and start contributing some code of your own.
Your first month you will...
- Learn about our travel products and the business context of our projects, through trainings, guidance from your Manager, and your own exploration
- Acquaint yourself with team processes, technical standards, and how we measure success, through trainings, guidance from your Team Lead, and your own contributions
- Begin shaping a professional development plan with your Manager wherein you’ll grow your technical and professional knowledge and build connections to peers across our teams
Your first three months you will...
- Help define team goals to realize business opportunities, contribute to the strategy for achieving those goals, and own projects related to that work
- Collaborate across engineering domains to review work, help solve complex problems, and deepen your understanding of business offerings and engineering platforms
- Regularly meet with your Manager to reflect on progress and sustain professional development
- Contribute to requirements definition, design, and build-out of data warehousing and
- integration deliverables for various departments
- Adhere to standards for testing, documentation, and change management
Why you’ll love working here
Work in our beautiful Cambridge office, hybrid, or remote, where you'll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming, and employee-run DEIB Resource Groups and clubs. You can expect:
- The opportunity to travel on one of our tours every year with no cost and no impact on your paid vacation.
- Four weeks paid vacation, ten paid holidays two floating holidays.
- Robust professional growth opportunities including monthly trainings, workshops, and inspiring talks with global leaders and experts.
- 25% company match on your 401(k) contribution.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance.
- Paid international business travel.
- Wellness benefits and a yearly fitness reimbursement.
- EF program discounts include travel, language schools, childcare, and more.
- Dependent care, healthcare, and commuter flexible spending accounts (FSAs).
- Discounts at local venues and businesses.
About EF Education First
At EF, we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs, focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics, turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about, we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.