Sr. Software Engineer
The Sr. Software Engineer is involved in all stages of software development, including front-end development, back-end development, database integrations, user interface, user experience, and back-end server management. Will work closely with members of the sales, marketing, and product management team to create solutions for our customers. The Sr. Software Engineer will be responsible for carrying out the duties of the RD department, including development, research, implementation, documentation, estimating, and process improvement.
Wanzl North America’s (WNA) vision is to be a leading entrepreneurial player in terms of market share, agility, and game-changing solutions. WNA is a solution provider, creating value along the supply chain of our customers, from the online purchase to the delivery to their customers.
WNA, which includes the Technibilt and Cari-All brands, headquartered in Newton, North Carolina. With nearly 500 employees and 175 MUSD of sales, WNA focuses on the retail and distribution market segments with marquee customers such as Walmart, Amazon, and the majority of large grocers and retailers.
In addition to being the largest manufacturer of shopping carts in North America, WNA has three (3) additional main product segments as well as a Service business, providing turnkey solutions for customer guidance (Access Systems) and Shelving Fixtures, as well as Material Handling/Rolling Stock products. Additionally, WNA is active in building a “digital” business line with products for shopping cart containment, smart exit gate technology, and solutions for autonomous and/or semi-autonomous retail stores.
WNA is part of the Wanzl group, headquartered in Germany, and has 12 plants in 8 countries, providing comprehensive, solutions-driven service and expert knowledge of local markets for customers across the globe through their 360° service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, and implement new digital solutions for our customers in retail and logistics based on business requirements and strategic direction.
- Own end to end design for the platform, solution delivery and execution and code quality. Lead sprint execution with developers.
- Design and develop cloud-native solutions in a dynamic IIoT environment.
- Responsible for software architecture and realization of customer requirements in close coordination with product management.
- Develop new features with micros services and reactive web and app UIs for our IIoT Wanzl-Connect platform.
- Lead the development of company standards specifications.
- Mentor train less experienced engineers.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, CIS, or related field (or equivalent work experience in a related field)
- 7+ years of experience in a similar or related role.
- Strong knowledge of .Net Core and C# and Azure Cloud
- Advanced Knowledge of CI/CD, GIT, Jira and Visual Studio
- Basic Linux TCP/IP Networking
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects and find and communicate good solutions that fit or improve the overall architecture.
- Ability to problem-solve quickly and effectively
- Ability to produce under pressure of timelines and customer demands
- Ability to prioritize and work independently to work on multiple small projects simultaneously ensuring all key dates are met while maintaining the highest level of quality
- Language: English (fluent), German is a big plus
- 20% travel required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $99,900.00 - $119,220.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Newton, NC 28658: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- REST: 1 year (Preferred)
- Java: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person