Experienced Registered Nurse, Acute Care (Med Surg), Opportunities at All Campuses (Full Time, Part Time, Per Diem)
St. Luke's University Health Network
St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.Nurses are pivotal to providing the care that is needed and demanded in our communities. At St. Luke's, we are proud to be the forerunners of that higher quality standard. Our philosophy and professional practice model are our commitment to safe, compassionate and quality patient centered care. Nursing uniquely leaves a lasting impression on patients and families who rely on these skills.
Here at St. Luke’s, PCRAFT values are the guiding core principles of our health care team and the qualities we strive for with every encounter. Pride, caring, respect, accountability, flexibility and teamwork are the qualities our team will deliver every time. As a patient or prospective employee, you can count on every member of the St. Luke’s team to display PCRAFT values in every situation.
Acute care nurses practice in a premier environment facilitated by our mission to be recognized as expert providers of innovative, personalized and maximally safe patient care. St. Luke’s fosters an environment of partnership with other members of the health care team while also placing high importance on developing nurses’ leadership skills and celebrating the successes of our nursing team. Acute Care Nurses provide advanced nursing care for patients with acute conditions and a wide variety of complexities. Acute care units are equipped with the latest advanced technology which may include Masimo’s Patient Safety Net vital sign monitoring system and Electronic Whiteboards. Be a part of the multi-disciplinary team where relationships are highly valued, and nurses build trusting bonds with their patients.
Qualified candidates are eligible for a sign on bonus of up to $30,000
There are a variety of specialties available in our network for acute care nursing to expand your skill set and strengthen your knowledge with specific patient populations and disease processes.
Hospital Locations - openings may vary by campus availability:
- Allentown Campus
- Anderson Campus, Easton, Level 2 Trauma Center
- Bethlehem Campus, Level 1 Trauma Center
- Carbon Campus, Lehighton, Level 4 Trauma Center
- Easton Campus
- Geisinger St. Luke’s Campus, Orwigsburg, Level 4 Trauma Center
- Miners Campus, Coaldale, Level 4 Trauma Center
- Monroe Campus, Stroudsburg, Level 4 Trauma Center
- Orthopedic Hospital, Allentown
- Sacred Heart Campus, Allentown
- Upper Bucks Campus, Quakertown, Level 4 Trauma Center
- Warren Campus, Phillipsburg NJ
Full time, 36 or 40 hours per week
Part time, less than 36 hours per week
Per Diem (if available), minimum of 2 shifts/month
All positions (including per diem) must have the ability to complete 7 consecutive business days of initial orientation as well as required unit orientation
Holiday and weekend requirements per unit and company policies
Positions may be available on days, evenings, night shifts and weekend program options. Apply now to talk to a recruiter about our current openings!
- Performs in depth, systematic assessment of all assigned patients.
- Formulates collaborative and individualized plan of care and identifies expected patient outcomes, using the nursing process and prioritizes patient care consistently utilizing available resources cooperatively with ancillary, nursing and other patient-team personnel to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
- Functions as a professional role model and resource person providing guidance to co-workers. Demonstrates/models the Network’s Service Excellence Standards of Performance in interactions with all customers (internal and external).
- Maintains confidentiality of all materials handled within the Network/ Entity as well as the proper release of information.
- Complies with Network and departmental policies regarding attendance and dress code.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of one year registered nurse experience required. Individualized orientation program for all areas. Maintain current BLS certification.
Nurses with less than 1 year of experience please see our internship page.
Registered Nurse with current license to practice in the State of Pennsylvania or New Jersey (Warren Campus).
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sit up to 2 hours per day; 1 hour at a time. Stand for up to 10 hours per day; 8 hours at a time. Walk 6 hours per day; 10 minutes at a time. Consistently lift, carry and push objects up to 10 lbs. Occasionally lift, carry and push objects up to 75 lbs. Transports patients weighing up to 500 lbs. via wheelchair, bed and/or stretcher. Frequently stoop and bend. Frequently reach above shoulder level. Must be able to perceive attributes of an object through touch. Must be able to hear as it relates to normal conversation and high and low frequencies. Must be able to see as it relates to general, near, far, color and peripheral vision.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!!
St. Luke's University Health Network is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
17 days ago
Last updated 17 days ago