Mazuma is a local, award-winning Credit Union that has been in business since 1948. Our purpose is to make Kansas City a better place to live, work and bank! Our philosophy is to treat our members and team members like family. We value diversity, positivity, creativity, and teamwork; and we believe our culture exhibits just that. It looks something like this:
Our team members consistently show a Positive, Fun Attitude! You will always see us smiling, which is why we put it in our logo. We are always being respectful in interactions with our members and other team Members. Of course, our behavior and appearances are workplace appropriate, and this position should lead this value by example.
We are proactive collaborators and big fans of Teamwork! We embrace the opportunity to work with others and are punctual and dependable. We have strong people skills, take initiative, and aren’t afraid to make decisions-even some of the difficult ones. Did we say productive? We’re super productive.
Self-development and the development of others is part of our Learning Growth! We take initiative in not only our own learning and growth but also the growth of the team members around us. We know our responsibilities and are not afraid to try new things.
We appreciate Creativity Progressive Mindsets! If you can think outside the norm, introduce new ideas, and proactively solve problems, you’ll fit in just fine around here. We like to consider ourselves positive agents of change that embraces team direction.
Besides that, here’s what else keeps team members here:
- Up to 27 days off a year!!
- 10 paid Holidays
- Mental Health Day
- Anniversary Day
- PTO starting on the first day
- 40 hours paid volunteer time
- Traditional Roth 401K with 4% match
- All major benefits effective 1st of the month following first day with wellness discounts
- Free Vision insurance
- Free Gym at our Headquarter location in Overland Park, available to all team members
- Company paid life insurance, short term and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual Bonus program
- Team Member Account Loan discounts
- We love to smile, which is why it’s in our logo
Oh, and did I mention, our Executive Assistant always has candy?! Always.
The Enterprise Architect (EA) plays an integral role in aligning Mazuma’s Information Technology and business strategies to the organization’s strategic plan and ensure operational efficiency, proficiency, innovation, and security are applied. This leadership position is responsible for the design, implementation and support of the organization’s technology infrastructure, processes, and technologies to include, but not limited to, on premise and hosted datacenter, cloud-based and hosted SaaS based systems, 3rd party technology and business unit service providers across Mazuma’s physical and virtual operating environments.
The Enterprise Architect (EA) will collaborate with business and technology stakeholders to define information technology systems, create a strategic infrastructure and applications roadmap, and ensure the proposed technical solutions align with and support Mazuma’s business objectives, and vision. The position requires experienced leadership to ensure seamless integration between systems, efficient data flow, and optimal utilization of technology resources. The EA will serve as the subject matter expert in information architecture, and technology solutions and be expected to collaborate with cross functional teams to provide guidance and recommendations on technology best practices.
This position is responsible for leading a team and guiding their efforts in support of the business and Technology objectives. The Enterprise Architect (EA) will have demonstrated success in collaborating with stakeholders and presenting to the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) and the Board. This is a hybrid position that will involve both on-site work at our 12 branch locations and remote work, contributing to our on-premise infrastructure, data centers, and Azure cloud environment. Vendor management and expertise with specific technologies including Cisco Meraki, Rubrik, ManageEngine, Intune, Windstream, and VMware are crucial components of this role.
Essential Functions Responsibilities of the Enterprise Architect (EA):
- Architectural design:
- Lead the design and development of a comprehensive information architecture that aligns with the credit union's strategic goals and business objectives. Ensure data consistency, accuracy, and availability across the organization's systems. Oversee the design, deployment, and management of infrastructure and back-end processes (API, ETL solutions, SSIS, .NET, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of current server, networking, telecommunications, applications development, business analytics, and related technologies.
- Identify causes of poor data quality, develop remediation plans, and communicate findings to stakeholders.
- Technology Integration:
- Works closely with Jack Henry technical teams in support of our core banking system (Symitar), and other JHA solutions, as well as NCR mobile banking systems to ensure seamless integration and data flow between these systems and other credit union applications. Ensure the organization’s technology investments return achieve value producing a return on investment for the organization. Implement and maintain robust CI/CD pipelines to streamline software delivery processes. Develops and maintains a set of key performance indicators. Manage relationships with technology vendors, ensuring that their solutions align with our credit union's needs and standards and coordinate procurement, contracts, and service leve; agreements.
- Collaborate with branch staff to understand their technology needs, provide on-site support when required, and ensure that the information architecture meets the requirements of all branch locations
- Provide leadership and supervision to a team of information technology professionals, fostering a collaborative and high-performing work environment. Allocate tasks, set goals, and provide guidance to ensure successful project execution.
- Lead the Technology team Change Management process.
- Provides leadership, mentorship, and guidance to peers.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of the information architecture, ensuring that it remains effective, efficient, and up to date. Monitor the performance of systems and applications, proactively addressing any issues as necessary.
- Strategy Planning:
- Aligns data strategy with the company’s business goals and objectives.
- Possesses the ability to “think big” and challenge conventional wisdom.
- Partners with business and technology leadership to elicit, analyze, translate, and document business requirements into technical requirements.
- Develops and maintains policies, standards, and guidelines to ensure that a consistent data governance framework is applied across the organization.
- Creates documentation and inventory for all enterprise data assets.
- Manages the data valuation process.
- Implements methods to ensure data integrity, accuracy, consistency, and quality.
- Acquisition Deployment:
- Develops and maintains complex data models and logical database designs.
- Ensures new systems, applications, and data integration measures adhere to existing data management practices, policies, and procedures.
To be successful as the Enterprise Architect (EA) we are looking for someone with:
Eight to ten years of similar or related experience.
A master's degree, or a bachelor's degree plus professional certification
Mazuma Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.