Manager Application Development
HGV Now Offers Day One Team Member Benefits!
What Will I be Doing?
The Manager Application Development will lead the team responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and enhancement of business critical applications. The incumbent will lead the team by establishing processes and enforcing policies related to administering, troubleshooting, and expediting remediation of issues on assigned applications. The Manager, Development will also provide support and ensure stability of supported applications by adhering to standards and processes for resolution. A commitment to collaborative problem solving, identifying workable solutions, sophisticated design, and quality product is essential.
You are responsible for driving company success through performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Establishes and enforces team processes procedures related to the successful maintenance and troubleshooting operations of critical business applications
- Provides technical leadership of a Web and .Net team to support and enhacent HGV applications and services
- Identifies issues and analyzes root causes; designs, proposes and implements solutions to resolve identified issues
- Translates business requirements and functional specifications into technical specifications and ensure that implementations meet specifications and quality standards
- Implements core components with software development best practices
- Holds design and code reviews
- Prioritizes Defect backlog, plan, and deploy solutions to defects and problems and apply fixes as necessary (planned and ad-hoc) across ITG applications
- Works with Service Desk on resolution of Severity 1 and Severity 2 issues by marshalling team
- resources and putting solutions in place on an expedited basis
- Reviews incidents, look for patterns, identity problems and formulate plans for resolution
- Collects metrics and build knowledge base of incidents, problems, errors, and resolutions
- Owns application patching and refresh schedule across the ITG stack
- Performs root cause analysis
- Improves functioning by automating manual processes
- Other responsibilities and projects as business and department needs arise
We offer an excellent benefit package to our full-time Team Members that include Day One medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K plan, Paid Time Off (PTO) program and extraordinary travel benefits!
What Are We Looking For:
Hilton Grand Vacations is a leader in the vacation ownership industry, operating with an unwavering dedication to innovation, quality, and continued growth. At the core of our company’s success are our Team Members.
To fulfill this role successfully, you possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
5-7 years related experience
2+ years Supervisory experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
Solid understanding of infrastructure and database systems
Good understanding of MVC, Angular, Web API
Proficiency in SQL, Web Technologies, Microsoft Azure, IIS
Ability to work well under pressure
Strong problem solving skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.